Light Oreo Cookie Balls

Options
DHalaby73
DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
Oreo Cookie Balls

Ingredients:
1 regular pkg reduced fat oreos (3 rows of cookies)
1-8oz pkg light or fat free cream cheese
4 oz white almond bark or a bag of white chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips and they turned out great. But make sure you get a high quality chocolate chip)

Directions:
Add oreos to food processor and blend until fine. Add cream cheese to oreo crumbs and blend until dough-like. Chill mixture for 15 minutes then roll into bite-size balls. Chill balls for 15 minutes. Melt almond bark or chocolate chips in microwave making sure not to burn it. I melted my chocolate chips in a glass bowl on 50% power in 40 second intervals until it was all creamy and melted. If you have almond bark it should have how to melt it on the package. Dip chilled balls in melted chocolate using fork or toothpick so chocolate can drip off. Set on wax paper and let set approx. 30 minutes. If using sprinkles do so right away before chocolate sets. Once set I put the balls in mini cupcake liners to serve. These are best when chilled.

Not sure of calorie count is but enjoy...

Replies

• savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!! Anyone have a cal count yet?
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I will be making these soon.
  • Adudynski
    Adudynski Posts: 31
    Options
    just use the recipe thing on this website... I dont know many it makes though
  • lizulla
    lizulla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this recipe and usually make it for potlucks and those kinds of gatherings. Almond bark is usually hydrogenated (bad for cholesterol) so I stick to chocolate or chocolate chips. I wonder what the calorie difference is between white chocolate and semi-sweet or dark chocolate?

Also, it makes a TON of oreo balls, depending on how big you make them. I'd say use the recipe calorie counter to figure out how many servings you want the recipe to make - for instance, if you want to only eat 150 cal. worth of oreo balls, you can adjust the number of servings until you get to that amount of calories per serving.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Let me check and I'll post it...Here's what I came up with making 40 balls so it would be 1 oreo cookie ball

Calories 72
    Carbs 12
    Fat 2
    Protein 1
    Fiber 0
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    bump to save. Thanks.
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OMG I am drooling!!! :tongue:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I made these today to take to my sister's house...made them at Christmas and my nieces loved them. For the recipe..using one package of Oreo and 8 oz of cream cheese, I got 48 oreo balls...that may help with the calorie count.
  • meganwolsker
    Options
    Bump. I can't wait to make these once I figure out the calories
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    sounds so good
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love oreos- can't wait to try this! :tongue: