Did you give up a food for Lent?

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I am not really in the know with the religious aspect of Easter. However I did give up soda and fizzy water for lent. I have a very delicious Jones Green apple soda waiting for me tomorrow. (Excuse me if that is not when its meant to end,like I said I don't really know much about the technicals of Easter- just though giving up soda would be a good mini challenge)
Wondering if anyone else gave something up?

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nope, I didn't give up anything.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It's not food, but I gave up the scale! Haven't been on at all for the time frame of lent - very excited for tomorrow!!

Great job giving up soda - I hear that's pretty difficult!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of personal sacrifice, so we always give things up for Lent though neither my husband or myself are religious. He too did soda. I did cigarettes…which means I have no excuse to quit now!!!!
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    I gave up coffee and will never drink it again. And, Sunday I am starting my own personal "Lent" and giving up smoking. It's been 60+ hours without a smoke...
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Alcohol....success!!! :drinker:
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar. I still ate fruits, veggies and dairy, but I gave up white sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc.

I really liked the challenge and learned to make recipes using natural sweeteners like bananas and apple juice.

Congrats on giving up pop. I gave it up four or five years ago for lent and haven't had any since!
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I did the Timothy Ferriss 4 Hour Body for Lent. Dropped a total of 27lbs. Best Lent ever for me!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am not Caholic but a very good friend of mine is. I decided to give up the same thing she did CHOCOLATE and any other type of sweet including gum, mints, hard cany, and type of ice cream, cake ,cookies, pies, or anything else yummy. i have to say that I have a bag of Dove chocolates sitting on my table waiting for the clock to hit midnight LOL. I did really good and I am proud of myself. It was fun to have someone to endure this journey with as well as I lost like 15 lbs doing it so that does not hurt anything.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee and will never drink it again. And, Sunday I am starting my own personal "Lent" and giving up smoking. It's been 60+ hours without a smoke...

Good job you can do this
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I gave up calories.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It was a challenge,but only for about the first week. I was hooked on coke zero,but I hope to never be again!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I gave up soda(which was actually not that hard for me) and fast food. I do eat and drink it sometimes when i feel like it or there is nothing else like when i am at school. But i have soda less then once every two months and fast food maybe once or twice a month.

Haven't been able to give up chocolate though:)
  • tornberg1
    tornberg1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am Catholic and this year I gave up my unhealthy lifestyle. I gave up fast food and soda. I vowed to eat better and take care of myself. I vowed to be a better person. In the process it has given me something. This process of sacrifice has truly turned into a Godsend as I have lost weight and I feel better! So even though I said in the begining it was a sacrifice it has turned into a gift I gave myself! Everyone have a happy and healthy Easter season!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Alcohol....success!!! :drinker:

great job!!!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yep i gave up all soda/fizzy drinks and have no plans to going back to them. Gone forever
  • ema21043
    ema21043 Posts: 45
    Options
    I am not catholic, and don't drink coffee, soda or alcohol, and have been eating very healthy for the past year, so not much to give up there. I heard a story about us all having too many things; so I gave away a household item, clothing or a book each day and donated them to worthwhile causes. Made me feel good and helped out others less fortunate.