Baby belly.

Options
Hey everyone! I'm sorta new here, anyways I had a baby about 3yrs ago then not too long after the birth of my son some major crisis happenend. My father became wheel chair bound and I had to help my mother out with the kids and my father then my mother got cancer. I haven't had much time to work out until recently. And well with the pregnancy I gained 83lbs and havent been able to lose much. My main problem is the baby belly, does anyone have any suggestions how to to get rid of that lower baby belly?

Replies

• purrdiinpiink
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm sorta new here, anyways I had a baby about 3yrs ago then not too long after the birth of my son some major crisis happenend. My father became wheel chair bound and I had to help my mother out with the kids and my father then my mother got cancer. I haven't had much time to work out until recently. And well with the pregnancy I gained 83lbs and havent been able to lose much. My main problem is the baby belly, does anyone have any suggestions how to to get rid of that lower baby belly?
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cardio will help burn off the layer of fat and crunches will help stregthen the abdominal muscles. However, if your skin has lost it's elasticity or your stomach muscles have been damaged, you will never be able to get that completely "flat" stomach look again. I am looking to lose mine and it is a stubborn sucker.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    It sure is stubborn! After my 3rd baby 2 years ago, I haven't been able to get my flat stomach back like I did with my first two kids. The cardio is helping me too, but it doesn't matter how many crunches I do a day, I don't think it will ever be the same, but I'm still trying! Good luck.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    In order for it to ever look good you have to lower you over all body fat. Unfortunately we can't decide where we get to lose the fat at first. But if you never take off the fat it doesn't matter how strong your abs are there will always be fat on them. My suggestion is to do a mixture of cardio and strength training to help burn calories and palates to help target your core muscles. Also when ever you are working out make sure to hold your abs in. That helps train them to stay in. I still have a baby belly to, but I have high hopes on losing it.
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    Work on losing fat. Do whatever is your favorite ab excercise to tighten the abs. My favorite is Tae Bo! The fat will fall off of the stomach, but here's the catch. You'll start to see your face, forearms and lower legs trim down first. then will come the upper arms, chest and thighs. Lastly, the stomach and buttock will get into shape. Theres no magic pill or exercise. We grow from the inside out (medial to distal). We shrink from the outside, in (distal to medial).

I had, lost, and have again an UGLY stomach!!! Amazingly, though, whenevr I lose the fat, the stomach flattens right out - eventuallyl! If only the stretch marks would shrink as well.....
  • aznguysgrl
    Options
    Morning! I gained 85 lbs with my 4th child. I havent lost any weight but I did lose some belly fat doing cardio and crunches, each side I do 50 or so and i do 50 the traditional way. I also do 6 inches but i can only do 20 of those bc they hurt :laugh: it has worked though! GOOD LUCK!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ive posted this before so I just copy/pasted it:

Try using an Acu-Hoop. Its a weighted hula hoop ranging anywhere from 2 to 6 lbs. They are guaranteed to take off 2 inches a month, If you use them for 10 minutes twice a day,three times a week. I LOVE mine. Ive been using it for a few months and have lost 4 inches already.
    You can find them at sports-hoop.com. They are like $30-45 depending on the weight you get. I got mine from craigslist for $20!! And believe me ten minutes really works up a sweat and you can definetly feel it in your abs and obliques. I was so sore the day after I used it the first time!!! But is was a GOOD HURT!
    HTH
    Good Luck

PS: I lost the four inches BEFORE I started dieting so I cant even imagine how well it'll work now!!