drink whey protein twice a day

Options
I was wondering I am trying to gain muscle weight, someone told me drink a whey protein shake two times on a workout day, the first one first thing getting out bed to some protein and second one after a workout, can I also drink one on a non workout day from the day before getting up the next day to get quick protein in my system?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    if you are a meat eater you get plenty of protein.

if you are very serious about muscle gain, you need to eat calories..above maintenance to gain muscle..you need to lift heavy and rest good. i am a vegetarian and i use whey protein..but i only do one drink right after my workout. it accounts for about 50grams of protein. most of us only need 40-60 grams of protein a day..if you body build then only up it by .8-1 times your body weight.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Try doing some research using good weight training websites like musclehack.com. They're full of great information, they can give you workout and eating programs and plenty of them are free.
  • ptric102
    ptric102 Posts: 17
    Options
    a whey protein drink or any type of protein drink is good at any time of the day when there is no time to eat, as a snack. if the serving is 50g i would do a half serving for snacks. it is a great way to start your morning even on non workout days. even on those days you need just the same amount of protein because your muscles will still be recovering from days before. there is a lot of info out there that is better than these forum/boards.. try doing your research before you just ask the question so you have some good knowledge and are not too gullible to just try whatever anybody says... i would try bodybuilding.com and there are also some great people on youtube as well, i like watching "scooby1961'', ''christophelia", maybe some "scott herman". all very informative "no bull****" videos!!! check em out!!!

oh and for post workout it is a necessity!!!! just think about it, your muscles are starving for carbs to restore glycogen and also protein to start immediatly repairing your muscles.. without protein shake you have to drive home, cook a meal, eat. its a lot easier and faster to take a protein supplement.

not a professional, just what i go by.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    before workout, after workout, before bed