Rough week?

Options
Has anyone else had a rough week this past week? Eating-wise, I have been all over the map and it's been super frustrating. Every attempt I make to get back on track has not really worked this week!

This past Monday was a Passover seder dinner, meaning lots and lots of calories and estimates. Then the general bloated and uncomfortable feeling that often accompanies eating matzoh bread. :o)

This week has been my TOM, too, so I have been mowing through any and all chocolate that I can find in the house. Which is super strange, because I can usually control my TOM cravings. Not so much this month. Argh.

Today we visited friends out of town and went to dinner with them, meaning lots of calories and more estimating. I tried to be as accurate as possible, but it's hard.

And tomorrow is Easter, meaning a big dinner at my parents' house.

Oh, and I'm tapering for a 1/2 marathon next Sunday the 1st, so I haven't been exercising as frequently or with as much intensity as I have been for the past several months.

Okay--vent over! Thanks for reading :o)

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    hang in there, honey!
  • Trista_Jean81
    Options
    I'm with ya there! My week hasn't been very good either! I do good until the weekends, then I get off track & this week I wasn't able to get myself back on track! Hang in there!!!!!!!!
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    My week has been soooo similiar! Seder dinner monday - easter tomorrow. I'm only running a 5k next weekend -but that is really big for me. This week has been my TOM too. I had a major meltdown at work where i cried like 3 times. And I've ate out like 4 of my last 6 meals. BUT my saviour has been tootsie rolls and vitamuffins - deep chocolate. Some how - i've held it together well enough. We will both get through this! Passover is almost over - Easter will come and go - you will have an AMAZING run next weekend - and life will become more standard once again! Keep smiling!
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    I know that everyone has a rough week or 2 or even month. Hang in there and it will get better for you.
  • alisonstrickland
    Options
    Yep things been a bit out of control for me this week too:drinker: but tomorrow is Monday and I will be back on track :happy:
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's been my special bloated cranky time as well this past week, and I've had issues with cravings and staying within my calorie guidelines as well (anywhere from 200-400 over every day)! I ALSO have not been as diligent about exercise. I think the reason this has happened with me is because I've been super stressed lately...I have a trip planned for next week (leaving Tuesday) so I've been pushed to the limit with having to prepare for that. I think during the trip I'll probably eat better than I think, and I know I'll be getting a lot of exercise, and then when I get home I'll just go back to my regularly scheduled exercise and eating habits.

It'll all be ok! :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Yes. TOM, UTI, a sore shoulder and a sick kid. I'm ready for a new week.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I can't believe how many of us have struggled this last week. I also have had TOM and incredibly stressed with uni and I have ate RUBBISH!! Literally everything that has passed my line of vision, has went in my mouth!! Bacon sandwiches on a morning, jellies, chocolate, crisps, alcohol (god so much alcohol!) and almost everybody I have spoken to has had problems. I think it is due to the full moon cos I went psycho mid-week too haha!!

All I can say is enjoy it while you have an excuse and wake up tomorrow with our training head on again!

Have a great easter weekend and enjoy your chocolate - I'm just about to order pizza as my last supper!!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I had a similar-ish week. Passover Seder on Monday was a salt and calorie destruction on my log. Then the hubby really wanted to take me out on Wednesday since he was going to be out of town from Thurs-Sun. We went to an old favorite sushi place, where I was fully prepped to stick to sashimi and non-tempura based or imitation crab based rolls. But when we got there, they'd done a bit of a make-over (thankfully the food was the same) but it was right in the middle of their all-you-can-eat sushi time. Which of course, then the hubby totally wanted to do (the cost for the AYCE is less than the cost of two regular rolls) and they only had a very specific menu you could order off of for the AYCE deal. Which most of them had fried something and/or imitation crab meat. So I gave into the AYCE and went full bore until the hubby cut me off. lol

And tonight, I was supposed to meet friends for dinner up in San Francisco and a domino effect of crap ended up with me back home at 10pm, not having eaten and still having about 1200 calories to eat (I'd worked out earlier). *sigh* And then with Easter tomorrow...I'm just gonna do what I can to get through it in a healthy way.
  • kalejaiye
    kalejaiye Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just remember to start everyday as new. Also remind yourself of all the reasons why you enjoy being healthy. Stay positive, we all have blips.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    it's funny. The other day I posted that I refuse to use my diary on that particular day = why? because I felt like I was in an eating frenzy. It happens. There must be something in the air!! Someone already said that each day is a new day. This is absolutely true and allows us to start fresh. I hope that today is a healthier day for you and that your food struggles settle for a bit.
  • jennajoehro
    jennajoehro Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel a lot better after commiserating with you guys. It's nice to know I wasn't alone this week! :o)

And yes, today is a new day.