TO DO OR NOT

Options
I have been on this healthty life style of eating and exercising health for a year. I have lost 59lbs and feel great. My hubby have been on this same journey for about four months and lost 65lbs. He looks fabulous and feel great. Hubby decide is weight lossis not moving fast for him. I disagree he looks awesome and so muscular.

Ok here is the ten thousands dollar question hubby came home with some diet pills Roxlean.

Should I take them or keep losing weight the natural way, cause I am so tempted.

HELP any advice will help.:tongue:

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    nope. don't take 'em. why fix something if it ain't broke? you've done great - don't let a pill steal your credit! (or end up cancelling out all of the hard work you've already done, which could be likely...)
  • jesster64
    jesster64 Posts: 109
    Options
    There are no quick fixes. It just puts a strain on your system. Keep doing what your doing.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have not personally taken them - but several of my friends have taken diet pills and have lost weight on them. The problem is that when they quit taking them - they regain ALL of their weight back in a very short amount of time.

I suggest taht you DO NOT take them. Slowly and surely is always best.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    nope. don't take 'em. why fix something if it ain't broke? you've done great - don't let a pill steal your credit! (or end up cancelling out all of the hard work you've already done, which could be likely...)

I couldn't agree more
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree.. Don't do it! Yeah, you will lose weight but if you don't learn to lose weight the correct way (good eating habits) the weight will just come back. Diet pills are just a quick fix, not a long term solution to the problem.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Dont do it - you are doing great - getting the results - and you will keep it off!! There is no "quick fix", it is all about changing your lifestyle, and diet pills sure as hell aint what I would call a lifestyle change....
  • je133506
    je133506 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I've been on diet pills for awhile now...and they do help cut cravings, lose weight faster, buttttt once you stop taking them you gain so much weight, and feel terrible about yourself so its almost impossible to stop taking them. So i would say don't do it unless you plan on taking them for a long time...
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ohh, very tempting for sure! You may see some quick results from taking them - but they certainly don't do anything for you long term. They "trick" your body into losing weight, rather than re-training your body like you have been doing. You are doing a WONDERFUL job and the amount of weight you have lost is spectacular...don't discount yourself and all the hard work you have put in.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    it vis your call i have a friend and he started his HGC diet when I started MFP yeah he lost more than idi in the begining. however he is no longer on HGC and I weigh less that he does now. I like you probably have learned how and what I can eat through this website since November I have lost almost 50 lbs. 3 lbs to go to reach that mark. if it were me I wouldn't do it but like I said it is your call.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    nope you dont need them youre doing great as is
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're doing great!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    keep at what your doing
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! put down the pills and slowly step away! its just like chocolate... yea it tastes good, its what u want, it temporarily curves the craving... BUT... it does more harm then it does good! u are doing amazing! dont.... do ..... it!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Okay, missy.

Write your username 500 times on the blackboard and ask that question again.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dnt do it
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    While tempting, you may very well get the great results you are shooting for but what your bodies systems have to go through to obtain it, is not so great. I realized you posted this a while ago and you have made your decision by now and hopefully, it's the safer of the two.

The body responds not just while you're taking them but afterward as well. LONG afterward.

Be safe and be smart. I'm proud of you and your husband losing so much weight the proper way. It takes a lot of stregnth and dedication to do so! Kudos to you!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    The majority rules it is no and I plan on flushing the bottle so hubby will not take the diets pills. Thanks everyone for the great advice
  • AnabolicAdam
    Options
    Pssssst... I work for a supplement retailer. Roxylean is bunk.
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Just my 2 cents ... I took a fat burner called "OxyElite Pro" for 90 days. I wanted something that wasn't full of caffeine and wouldn't make me jittery. I think it helped marginally. Or maybe it helped more when I wasn't exercising, as I took an 8-week hiatus with no exercise for Feb and March and still managed to lose 15 lbs. But I was really strict with my calories because I wasn't exercising. When I went off it, it coincided with a vacation where I stopped exercising and ate what I wanted for a week. I gained 4 lbs, but I probably would have done that anyway. Since I came back from vacation and got back to the grind, I've lost 7 lbs.

My conclusion is that it probably helped, but was it worth the $50 pricetag? Yeah, in terms of motivation and getting my momentum going in the weight-loss, I would say it was worth it. I'm down 33 lbs in a little less than 4 months, but I think I'll do the rest on my own.

You are having great success, so if you haven't used anything yet, you'll probably keep on doing fine. The weight didn't get on you overnight and it's not going to come off overnight. Slow and steady usually does win the race.

Bridget