Really need to get the baby weight off, any suggestions

Options
i gained 50 pounds when i was pregnant, and then gained an extra 10 pounds when i moved and really need some help getting back to the weight i use to be. My eating habits are bad and i'm not very active so i'd love to hear any tips that have helped other people even some recipes would be great.

Replies

• LovelyTasha
    Options
    I'm with ya, Gloria!! While I was pregnant with my daughter I gained 60 lbs. I lost about 15 when I had her and then I gained it right back. What really made everything click for me is, you have to get active. I started doing workout videos at home, p90x and yoga, and I've noticed a huge improvement!!

You can do this!! Even if it's just starting with walks or runs, getting active is definitely part. :-)
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    First a big congrats to the new mommies!

It is a learning process. So it is really hard to throw everything out there. One thing I've noticed about MFP is the strongly encourage you to be active, no matter if that is sports, gym, hobbies, or just plain old cleaning or yard work.

What I've found is first you count calories, then you move into nutrients, and finally you find some combo of eating, exercising, and self reflection that work for you.

Don't under estimate the self reflection. Self reflection tells you how you gained the weight and why. Self reflection assures you that you learn from your mistakes or old ways. I I believe it further influences future choices.
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    use this site to work on your eating habits first, especially if you aren't the active type. when you start losing weight with calorie counting you will be more energized to add activity. also, look at the cardio database. you probably do some of that stuff dailty without even realizing it. i bet you are more active than you think!!

i gained about that much with my 2 pregnancies too. (i had 2 babies, 15-mo apart). just remember it took 9 months to gain that weight, it can take 9 months to get rid of it too.

but seriously, this site is amazing for tracking your calories in vs. calories out.

good luck to you mama!!:flowerforyou:
  • EBDTeacher
    Options
    Hi there! :smile:

I'm just starting on the mission to shift baby weight too. I reckon I was about 20lb over what I should be when I fell pregnant so I need to get rid of that too.

It's just got light enough in the evenings to go out for a walk/ run after baby's bed time so I'm planning on starting that today. And giving up the glass of wine I've been helping myself to every evening since he was born!

Good luck!