wish i hadnt

Options
weighed myself everyday this week, its tomorrow which is meant to be my official weigh in day but ive been weighing myself every other day, at the start of the week i lost 2lbs then weighed myself again today and ive gained it, ive been going to the gym, done a body pump class and been watching what ive been eating up until i went out and had an indian meal the other night and i am sure thats why i have gained the weight back on. I am now gutted and so upset, as this is only my 2nd week into healthy eating and fitness.

Think my point is dont weigh everyday, i will be getting my partner to hide the scales

Replies

• Shortyburb
    Shortyburb Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself daily. You will only get upset when you see how much our bodies fluctuate daily. You may have gained weight from muscle. It weighs more then fat. You could also have water weight right now form working out all week. Only weigh in once a week. I chose Saturdays or Sundays because I wont have as much water weight from the week.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's usually better to weigh yourself every 3 to 7 days in the morning after you have done everything. One thing is are you loosing inches? That's one of the better indicators.
  • miss__lh
    miss__lh Posts: 16
    Options
    Yeah, it's usually better to weigh yourself every 3 to 7 days in the morning after you have done everything. One thing is are you loosing inches? That's one of the better indicators.

I havent lost inches either :(
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Wow> Don't be so hard on yourself and give it some time. Your body weight can be up or down 5 lbs just do to intestinal contents and water! You didn't put the weight on in 2 weeks and it won't fall off in 2 weeks either. Don't let the scale drive you crazy.

Good luck!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

I havent lost inches either :(

Yeah, it's only been two weeks. Keep at it, you'll loose inches and pounds. Give it time.
  • BeastieGirl
    Options
    Hi,

I'm at exactly the same place as you right now! I was losing a steady pound a week, then I increased my workouts and the weight has not only stopped coming off, but actually increased.

I know it's down to water retention and/or my digestion slowing a little, which is probably because I'm not drinking enough water (I'm training for a 100km walk and doing lots of very long walks in the heat). I've got in to the awful habit of weighing myself every day, but it has to stop so I'm not weighing myself for two weeks.

The advice others have given you makes sense to me. Why don't you have a look at some old photos and compare them to how you look now? I was feeling down but I saw some photos taken of me yesterday and I could see a real difference in my shape.

Also, you're only two weeks in. Keep going, you're doing great and try to be patient (I'll try to take my own advice as well!).

Why don't we both agree not to weigh ourselves for 2 weeks, drink plenty of water and keep on exercising? Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other:-)

Laura
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. The trick is understanding you will go up and down and not to get too involved in it.

The reason I started this was to prove to people it is never a smooth ride. I've gained as much as 6.6 lbs in 2 days and then lost it in 2 days. It has also served as a strong motivator to watch sodium.

Besides the sodium the one thing I have learned is not to be anal about time and goals, oh yeah set them but remember the real goal is long term, the rest of your life.
  • miss__lh
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i am just so upset cos ive worked my backside off so much this week and expected a loss.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    one meal will not make you gain weight..i wish people would stop fretting over two lbs here and there..its normal..totally and completely normal for your weight to fluctuate a few lbs here and there. heck when its my TOM i gain a whopping 5lbs in bloat.
  • sloanranger57
    Options
    Hiya, I agree dont be so hard on yourself. You are exercising and eating healthy. It will show up sooner or later.

In the last 35yrs I have dieted (bad word) many many many times. been obsesive about the scales and every morsel that went into my mouth, lossed weight quite quickley and every time I have putit all back on again and more.

So this time I am doing it all different, NO DIET. Healthy eating and exercise, this has to a new way of life for me, not another diet. So cut yourself some slack and take it easy. I dont care if mine comes iff at 1/4 lb a week as long as it off and stays off

hugs xxxx

Jo x

P.s. as for the indian meal, we need are treats, we have incorperate our whole way off life, have fun dont let it rule your life completely. x
  • miss__lh
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    ive done the same today! started at 11.3, then up to 11.6 and today down to 11.2....tomorrow is weigh in day!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i am just so upset cos ive worked my backside off so much this week and expected a loss.

Add me as a friend and hear my rants about this. LOL!

I think last week I said something like, "Stupid lying scales!" and "my shadow says I've lost and the shadow don't lie."
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    We're in the exact same position. Second week in, weighing every day and getting disheartened. I think it's water weight and muscle! My legs have gotten bigger in inches also.. Probably muscle, the waist is smaller and hips and arms the same.. Keep on it!
  • miss__lh
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you have all cheered me up :) just had a lovely salad and letting that settle then going to the gym