Post Work Out Muscle Milk?

Options
Okay so looking for additional post work out suggestions. I have heard chocoloate milk but didnt want the dairy. So I tried muscle milk and am interested in feedback and other post work out meals.

Thanks

D

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Optimum Whey and Oats is what I love.

I do love the chocolate milk but I'll also eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich after if I can't get the others. (Carbs, protein, potassium cant go wrong)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i tried muscle milk in chocolate, the light kind, and hated it. try Isopure Low Carb Whey Isolate protein in Dutch Chocolate!! MUCH BETTER! I LOVE IT after a hard workout!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you don't want dairy try some Almond Milk. Blue Diamond makes a good one (try for unsweetened, it's naturally rich and sweet) in vanilla and chocolate. It's different, but delicious.
    I make a super satisfying smoothie with 1 cup vanilla almond milk, 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, splash of water.

Whey = dairy, so just read the ingredients of any protein supplement/powder well. Most include dairy. (I've tried hemp...it is not-so-surprisingly less yummy than the dairy-based options)
    Also you might try Lara Bars - all natural, only fruit and nuts. High sugars and protein, but in the cleanest way. Easy to keep on hand in the car, etc, and surprisingly tasty! I sometimes only eat half of one and feel very satisfied with that post-workout need for something.
    good luck!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    what type of workout?

if you are doing cardio and trying to lose fat there is no reason you should be intaking extra protein. plus there is really no reason you'd need any post workout supp.
  • jpcmusic
    jpcmusic Posts: 6
    Options
    Using Whey protein (strawberry flavour).. by Precision Engineered from Holland and Barrett (UK)... normally throw in a yogurt with it and shake it up. Either after a work out or even before bed as it helps rebuild damaged muscle tissue whilst you sleep. Whey is by far the best as there are very little calories and no fat!

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=100&prodid=565&sid=3

if your curious as to simply HOW GOOD whey is.. check out this:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey_protein

JP
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!! No Muscle Milk. It has srscenic, cadmium, lead and mercury.

A recent article in Consumer Reports, in July2010, backed up by FDA studies, found that many of the protein drinks on the market contain arsenic, cadmium, lead and other contaminants. Some they specifically named were EAS, Muscle Milk Vanilla Cream, Muscle Milk Chocolate. Proposition 65 in California mandates that manufacturers notify consumers when products contain toxic substances at levels the state says pose even a low cancer or reproductive risk.

I have more info on the amounts of toxins in these products if you want it. It is a jpg, so I would have to email it.

This is amazing. no toxins, nothing artificual, clinical trials...the list goes on. I mentioned it on your other post.

http://alifetimeoffitness.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=20306
  • jacquerd
    Options
  • jacquerd
    Options
    I do love the chocolate milk but I'll also eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich after if I can't get the others. (Carbs, protein, potassium cant go wrong)

Agreed! This is near perfect...and delicious, post workout snack!
  • jacquerd
    Options
    what type of workout?

if you are doing cardio and trying to lose fat there is no reason you should be intaking extra protein. plus there is really no reason you'd need any post workout supp.

You definitely should have some type or recovery nutrition. Especially if you are lifting. Additionally, you want to eat your exercise calories. These two go hand in hand to keep youer metabolism working and to keep your body from going into starvation mode.