Former W8 Watchers..MFP NEWBIE

Options
Hi!!

My name is Sylvia. I'm a wahm who is finally taking charge of her life. I had an epiphany while reading a Woman's World Magazine. I read how this lady lost 65lbs on WW and then realized that she didn't want to pay to lose weight and lost the rest of her 75lbs on her own. Well needless to say I was not only inspired I realized that while I was paying $40 a month to say that I was on "WW" I never really followed the program. Here is the epiphany....Weight loss is up to me regardless if I am on a specific program or not. I have to have a made up mind....And now my mind and body are finally in-line and ready to go!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

My name is Sylvia. I'm a wahm who is finally taking charge of her life. I had an epiphany while reading a Woman's World Magazine. I read how this lady lost 65lbs on WW and then realized that she didn't want to pay to lose weight and lost the rest of her 75lbs on her own. Well needless to say I was not only inspired I realized that while I was paying $40 a month to say that I was on "WW" I never really followed the program. Here is the epiphany....Weight loss is up to me regardless if I am on a specific program or not. I have to have a made up mind....And now my mind and body are finally in-line and ready to go!!!!!!!!!!

That is a good epiphany to have... I found this website just as I was looking into WW... and am very happy I saved the $
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Wise words. You can't stay on WW your entire life, right? It has to become a complete lifestyle (mentally and physically). Weight management needs to be a lifelong committment to your health!! Diets are useless.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    For those of us who can't afford to continue to go to meetings everyweek and pay to get on a scale and talk about the same topics each week this site is awesome. I have learned more on my own than I never did when I went to weight watchers about 6 years ago. I have lost more weight in the same amount of time and feel healthier and look better than ever.

Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey.
  • Ford4x4lady
    Options
    Hi Sylvia.... & welcome to MFP.
    You are sooo right. I also was paying all the money to WW's & this site gives you all the same tools without costing more money. This site is so wonderful & all the people are very motivating!
  • arsmith78
    Options
    Hi Sylvia!

I just signed up for MFP today! I am also former two time WW member but I did mine online and was paying $18 per month, so that wasn't "a lot" so to speak but it is more than I can afford with today's economy! LOL I lost over 75 pounds the first time back in 2003 on WW so it is a GREAT PROGRAM but I gained some pounds back after having my two children. I joine dback up about 4 mths ago and have lost 16 pounds but I also decided to stop paying to lose weight and start using MFP instead and I am too excited!!!!!! Good luck with your weight loss, we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • giblues
    giblues Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it's funny cos i've tried ww several times and never managed to stick to it. joined another club tonight and their free website had info on this one. which i think is brilliant. totally up for losing weight and getting slimmer without ending up broke with it!!!!
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! I can't tell you how focused and single minded I am about my goals this time. I want to prove to myself and everyone that I will follow through and I believe this community will give me the support and tools I need:)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    I'm a former WW, too. I loved my instructor and realized I was just paying just to listen to her talk once a month. My boyfriend sent me an invite to this site and within a day I canceled my WW membership. Everything I need and more is right here.

This site is WAY better than their E-tools, imo.

Welcome!
  • giblues
    giblues Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it's taken me a while to find my way back here but here i am. and i'm looking forward to the support from the community and the helpful tools without the ww website price tag. i was using their online site but most people seemed so negative i went on it less and less! so thanks ginnyroxx taken your advice and saving money, may use it on zumba class lol.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Just wanted to mention that on MFP, we usually log everything that has calories in it. Sometimes this comes as a surprise to folks who come here from WW, as apparently you don't have to log fruits or veggies over there. (I'm not exactly clear on the WW plan, but havve seen a lot of questions from WW folks who were not logging everything they ate.)

Best of luck to you!