first week of calorie counting as opposed to point counting

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
And I'm down 6.2 pounds! :D I think I had some water retention from my last weigh-in, but I'm still amazed on how great this week was!

Replies

• sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. Well done :-)
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's fantastic! I'm in the first week of counting calories as opposed to points also (ok, I'm still counting points too but not eating until I've used them all--this was the problem, after all!), and it's been hard being SO accountable for even the healthiest foods. I can't help but feel "penalized" for eating even vegetables, but this is a good wake-up call for me. I was working the points system so that it didn't work for me.

A few questions, if you don't mind... Did you find you've been eating about the same or a lot less/more than you did when counting points? Did you make any changes in your activity level this first week or just watching the calories? Did you eat all of your allotted calories, go over, or under?

Thanks and again, great job!

-LP
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    That is fantastic, well done :smile:
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    My activity increased because life events allowed to me run again, but I had been running before while doing Points Plus and still having meh results. I know Weight Watchers says 0 Point Fruit should be done "in moderation", but I see myself being a lot more wary of eating too much fruit now, and eating more vegetables since they contain a lot less calories usually.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    In Points Plus, I charged myself 1-2 points for each fruit after the first three and before I found MFP, was struggling with the idea of charging myself for "free" veggies.

Good luck with your continued weight loss! Add me as a friend, if you'd like--you're really quite an inspiration!

- LP
  • ziadog
    ziadog Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW, nice job indeed. I also was counting points a while back and stopped losing at 195, my step-daughter also stopped losing. In retrospect I believe we were both "under eating" and our bodies may have gone into starvation mode. Anyway, I am trying to be good about counting calories. How hard can it be when the app is on my phone. I still stress eat and need to work on this part of my relationship with food. Reading your blog is awesome tho. I am trying to get fit enough (breathe in, breathe out) to run again. I'd like to add you as a friend. I am glad that fruits and veggies count as calories. I didn't do points plus, but I remember that a banana was the same point as 1 ounce of chips. Really, who stops at one ounce, where as I will eat 1 banana and feel satisfied.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I'm still going to meetings because I have a really good support group there, but I've come to the realization that I can't always have small amounts of non-nutritious foods like WW tries to advocate. I won't deprive myself forever, but I'm keeping myself honest by not saying I can have an ice cream cone because "it's only 4 points" etc. I needed a diet that's a bit more restrictive. After this birthday weekend I'm sticking back with my no sugary sweets that don't contain any kind of nutritional value (i.e. I'll still make smoothies, but no frappuccinnos, frozen yogurt, ice cream, etc.)
  • JulianneR
    JulianneR Posts: 46
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!

I'm so glad you wrote this ... and that I'm not the only one. The only way I lose on WW is if I stay around 20 daily points. I can forget about eating the other 9 each day and certainly the 49 WPA. I have been stalled at 182 lbs for months and have been really trying to make the program work. I am religious about measuring and weighing everything, the GHG's, having only 3-4 1/2 cup srvgs of fruit, all the water, etc. So when I counted the calories in one of my 29 PP days, I was around 1800-2100 calories -- WAY TOO MUCH for me to lose weight at 5'1". Crazy.

One week of counting calories on My Fitness Pal and I'm already down 2 lbs. I think I'm done with Weight Watchers now ... :( But THRILLED to be here and to have read of your success. I have hope again! :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Amazing, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!