No candy, no candy, no candy...

Options
I LOVE HERSHEYS. :heart: :heart: :heart: Here's the issue:

Took a cheat day yesterday and PROMISED myself and my MFP family to not eat any candy today. I had plenty of junk yesterday... Way plenty. Unfortunately, after five months of complaining about "Santa's" single bag of chocolate-covered raisins (I hate raisins), this is what I get:

photo-2-1.jpg

*Bites nails* :noway: No candy, no candy, no candy.....

See that little pink spec in the corner? That's my HRM, and speaking of HRM's... I've got 2000+ calories to burn off from my huge Olive Garden splurge. So, what should I do with the candy? I'm okay with keeping one or two bars. Each are 210 calories, and I can fit that in my calorie goal someday (not today though!!). But, come on! Twelve? And mini hershey's stuffed in the bottom of the vase? Kill me.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'd just put a new card on it and give it to someone else. Yes, I'm completely serious.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    For my 30th birthday my best friend gave me 30, yes THIRTY chocolate bars!!!!..........and I ate EVERY one ) :
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Freeze them. And as people come over throughout the next few months share a couple. But you can make that stash last you a looooong time dude. You can also use them for unconventional things as well. Break them up into chunks to use in cookies. Sprinkle a couple of crushed squares over frozen yogurt or ice cream. Melt them into chocolate sauce and dip fruit into it and let them dry. Chocolate isn't actually the worst thing you could eat, so enjoy.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    For my 30th birthday my best friend gave me 30, yes THIRTY chocolate bars!!!!..........and I ate EVERY one ) :

:laugh: Oh, that's horrible!
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I always take things to work or send them to work with my husband when we have too many treats in the house. Left over donuts from Easter breakfast this morning YUP going to work with the hubby tomorrow those guys can use those calories and I don't need them!!
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    That would kill me too. Maybe put all but one in a big ziploc freezer bag. Put that bag inside a gallon bag and fill the remainder of the gallon bag with water and then put it in the freezer. That way, you will still have the chocolate, but if you decide you want to eat a some, you have to take it out of the freezer and let it thaw=no binging.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep it bc I am sure it came from a hubby / significant other and would most likely hurt feelings if you were to give it away.... what I would do is take out what you feel is safe to consume today or tomorrow and then hide the rest. Maybe have someone else hide it. lol good luck! Thank God I do not get easter candy but I still eat my kids, just not much because they won't let me have much!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    That would kill me too. Maybe put all but one in a big ziploc freezer bag. Put that bag inside a gallon bag and fill the remainder of the gallon bag with water and then put it in the freezer. That way, you will still have the chocolate, but if you decide you want to eat a some, you have to take it out of the freezer and let it thaw=no binging.

GENIUS. Lol. :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's just a chocolate bar. They can be replaced at any time. If you're serious about losing weight, give them away. Take them into work, give them to a friend, whatever. The fact that you WANT one is all the more reason to GET RID OF THEM! Why tempt yourself?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Who would be cruel enough to send you a bouquet of chocolates when they know you're on a weight loss journey? It sounds like sabatoge to me. I would kindly give it back to the person who gave it to you and tell them if you were my friend you know the last thing I need is this much sweets. My husband did something similiar for valentine's day with a big box of chocolates would I would have rather a much smaller one. It was a nice gesture and very cute, but don't give in!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The more I tell myself no chocolate, the more I want chocolate!! Take one for yourself, and give the rest away. Everything in moderation:-)
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful present! Even though it is bad! I would melt them down and if you are having family or friends come over tonight make it a fondue with fresh fruit and marshmallows. YUMMY!
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me theother day! Got a birthday present from my best friend (he's currently living in Japan). A shopping bag full of Japanese candy! Had to taste it!
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    My fiance knew i didn't want an Easter egg so he bought me some roses as in the flowers not the chocolates! Lol. He is also going to get me the latest narnia dvd but he forgot to get it for me yesterday so i ordered myself the 30 day shred to make up for my present being late. That and the fact i bought him 3 Easter eggs too. Lol
    i do actually have one Easter egg though. My head of year bought me it but i intend when i open it to weigh it out and eat it a bit at a time. It is a smarties one so should be easy enough to do. I have done it before so i know i can.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic too. I have tried losing weight in the past by cutting it out totally; and it doesn't work. You always have that day where it gets totally out of control. This time I make room for it in my diet. A little bit each day if I wish. Those mini's work great for that. However I have mostly switched to dark chocolate now. I agree I would freeze them, out of sight out of mind.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one thinking everything in moderation? :flowerforyou:

I agree a gift like this came from a special place in someones heart. Keep in mind you don't need to eat every bit in one sitting. :sick:

Remember to treat your self. If you don't you are cheating your self. :drinker:

What ever you do, you will do what is right for you. :heart:
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    If you want to keep it bc I am sure it came from a hubby / significant other and would most likely hurt feelings if you were to give it away.... what I would do is take out what you feel is safe to consume today or tomorrow and then hide the rest. Maybe have someone else hide it. lol good luck! Thank God I do not get easter candy but I still eat my kids, just not much because they won't let me have much!

I think if you are at the point of eating your children, you should REALLY give yourself permission to have a little candy, hon!
    ROFL
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Crikey, some friend you've got. If they know you're on a diet, they are either stupid, cruel or thoughtless.

Me, I'd give it to someone else, straight away. What do you want loads of chocolate in the house for, you know you'll only eat it eventually.

Or take one bar of chocolate to enjoy on another day, put some nice flowers in the vase and throw the rest of the chocolate straight in the bin.
    I am sure it came from a hubby / significant other and would most likely hurt feelings if you were to give it away....
    What about the hurt feelings of someone who is on a diet who has just been given a HUGE bunch of chocolate?

On second thoughts, no don't throw it away, force feed it to whoever gave it to you. With any luck they'll be sick. :D
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    On second thoughts, no don't throw it away, force feed it to whoever gave it to you. With any luck they'll be sick. :D
    [/quote]

LOL... great idea!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hershey bars have 210 calories and 13 grams of fat. If you decide to keep them then eat 1/4th a bar no more than once per day. I use the same strategy with “Zero” candy bars and it works out great (though they are not quite as heavy as Hersheys).
    I can’t imagine who would give such a gift to someone who has made the progress you have.