New Sydney girl

Options
i am 18, and very keen to lose 25-30 kilos,
i currently cant afford a gym membership untill around mid may, so it will be alot of home exercises (including jogging, skipping, swmming and weights) just untill i get the money for a gym :)

id love some friends on here to encourage and help me through my journey and i will deffinatly do the same for you :D

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :). Adding you now.

I also do most of my fitness outside of the gym. Personally can recommend push ups (I do them resting on my knees because I have a bad back) and jogging. If you're new to jogging Interval training/HIIT is a good way to start. You get fit quickly and it's very good for burning fat. There's heaps of info around the mfp boards about it. Or try http://www.intervaltraining.net/
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    just added you, I am from Perth I have been here for just over 5 weeks. I love it, and I hope in time you do it. As fas es exercise goes I would suggest ease yourself into it try walking.
  • plrobson
    plrobson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just joined myself via new iPhone App, which I came across and loaded. Started my diet last August and have lost 22 kilos , most of it in the first 3 months following Dukan Diet (but all that rigorously). Flat lined through Christmas and on till around end of March. Keen to pick up where I left off, regain a little discipline and lose another 9 - 10 kilos, which would get me into the middle of the recommended body mass index zone for my height. Don't know what you think but my first impressions are that the Daily Diary could be really helpful by giving me a way to set goals for what I eat in the evening (which, frankly, is where I tend to come unstuck). My experience with the 'low carb' approach was very encouraging, mainly because it got me off to a good start. Wishing you all the best with your program. If you want any tips, ideas, general encouragement, you're welcome to get in touch and I'll do what I can :o)
  • plrobson
    plrobson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kym, is every one here from Sydney / Perth ??? I've just joined via new iPhone App, which I came across, loaded and liked. Started my diet last August and have lost 22 kilos, most of it in the first 3 months following Dukan Diet (but all that rigorously). Flat lined through Christmas and on till around end of March :-( But spring now, keen to pick up where I left off, regain a little discipline and lose another 9 - 10 kilos, which would get me into the middle of the recommended body mass index zone for my height. Don't know what you think but my first impressions are that the Daily Diary could be really helpful as easy way to set goals for what I eat in the evening, which frankly, is where I tend to come unstuck ! My experience with the 'low carb' approach was very encouraging, mainly because it got me off to a good start. Wishing you all the best with your program. If you'd like to share tips and ideas, want some encouragement or just a plain old natter, here I am :o)
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Adding you now. Welcome to MFP! A gym is definitely *not* a requirement for getting fit!
  • microfat
    microfat Posts: 44
    Options
    i am 18, and very keen to lose 25-30 kilos,
    i currently cant afford a gym membership untill around mid may, so it will be alot of home exercises (including jogging, skipping, swmming and weights) just untill i get the money for a gym :)

id love some friends on here to encourage and help me through my journey and i will deffinatly do the same for you :D
  • littlelanah
    Options
    Adding as well :)

I'm 20 and from Coffs Harbour. I originally came from Sydney.

I started off outside the gym as well. I went for walks everyday to start off with and eased myself into different activities. I also go to the gym and that has also helped. I lost most of my initial weight by not going to the gym ;) So a gym membership is definitely not needed for weight loss.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the C25K this week. I have no treadmill/running co-ordination so going to try outdoors. It's interval training also so maybe a good option?
  • emily2182
    emily2182 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! i'm from Sydney too with about the same amount to lose. I did have a gym membership, but it expired and have instead invested in an elliptical trainer so the hubby can use it too.

Great job on making the first step to a healthier life. It's my 2nd week on here and so far so good - it really is a great tool and keeps what you're eating in perspective.

Add me if you like - we all need the support, makes it all the more easier to stay motivated I think. :)