Getting over a eating Disorder - willing to chat

Options
hi, I'm new to this site, I hope it provides me support to get over my eating disorder.

Writing this post was terribly difficult.

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    this site is amazing!!! there are so many amazing people here that will support you and help you through whatever is going on in your life that may be holding you back!! its impossible to give up with such huge support with people who understand!! you can do this!!! xoxo
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site too...10 days in. And it is absolutely wonderful, use the site, communicate with others by continuing to reach out. You've already done the hard work, you're here!!! There's many here who will accompany you on your journey. Best wishes to you :)
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. You've entered into a great website, but more importantly you are now starting a new journey for yourself.

I don't have a 'clinical' easting disorder, but I am clinically classed as Obese (at the moment).. The journey will have its up and downs, but with support from people here on MFP and others around you - you will feel enlightened as you being to change..

I wish you all the positivity to work through this, we are all here to help, guide, advise and most importantly support you on this journey.. :happy:
  • Lotuser
    Lotuser Posts: 9
    Options
    It's a good feeling to received replys. Thanks heaps! I'm excited now that I have joined.
  • jacsen21
    jacsen21 Posts: 20
    Options
    Reaching out for help is the first step, Congrats you have already completed step one!!
    You will find some amazing people on this site. There is lots of information and inspiration here.
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can do it. :) I suffered from ED's for over a decade before I finally took control. This site will definitely help you to find a healthier relationship with food and exercise. Feel free to friend or message me. :)
  • thislove
    thislove Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to this site... hope it helps! I just got diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa ... excessive exercising, constantly watching what i eat and checking nutrition facts... (count carbs, sat fat, and sugars not so much calories) i dance 4-5 times a week for 2-3hrs per day... when i don't dance.. i workout at home.. im scared now because i ended up in the ER due to low heart rate and blood pressure... my blood work came out fine but the doctors wouldn't let me do my dance recital this week. i'm trying to eat and incorporate more carbs into my diet (doctor also is making me drink a chocolate BOOST shake a day).. it is SO hard because the minute i eat it.. i automatically feel the fat going everywhere in my body.. i'm terrified and hate living like this.. i used to LOVE food and didn't care if people thought i wasn't as skinny.. i should mention just in August 2010 i weighed 108 lbs.. now it is May and i'm at my lowest... 88 lbs at 5'1 and i'm 16 years old.. i hope to be at least 95 lbs and maintain that.. but i NEED/WANT to overcome this terrible fear of weight gain and obsession with food.. it's tearing up my family as they are concerned but are pushy and it frustrates me because they don't understand that i'm not trying to do this on purpose.. and also now lately i've been feeling weak.. so i do not want to be admitted to the hospital this time around...
    sorry for the long message.. i had to get everything off my chest. if anyone has any suggestions or advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. thank you