Not loosing weight

Options
I've been trying to loose weight with help of myfitnesspal and it's not working.

Cut down on portions and food a lot-and NOTHING.

Normally, I eat somewhat healthy and exercise. But even with cutting down calories, carbs and fats with adding a day of exercise at the gym, nothing has really changed.

Actually, I feel since I've been using the myfitnesspal, I have more gained if anything. I look thicker than I ever did.

Going to get my gland checked with the doctor.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i didt loose anything for 3 weeks , so i uped my exercise to 60 mins a day and really watched what i was eating , this week i finally lost 4 lbs though i have also noticed my body has been slowly changing shape and im finally finding muscles , i also upped my water intake and started watching my sugar and sodium .its a good idea to have yourself checked out at the doctors ,please dont give though because the feeling you get when you finally see all your hard work pay of is like nothing i could describe
  • colingibb
    colingibb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it will take a few weeks before you see results....don't get frustrated, it will happen.

Are you drinking a lot of water? 8 cups is the absolute minimum, but without this, the body cannot flush away waste as easily and you will have problems losing...
  • nytenurse
    nytenurse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Such an interesting story . . . but you may be right on target. About 3 years ago I talked to my doctor about the exact same issue and was diagnosed with Grave's Disease. Normally you lose weight with Grave's Disease . . . but of course I gained. Then the medication I took had been gaining even more . . . it was depressing. The good news I have been taken off the medication and hopefully I am in remission . . .

:smile: Good luck to you!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lose, not loose.

It might help to open your diary up if you log your eating habits in there - you can receive more specific advice.

You could try a new exercise routine? I started running a while ago, it helped heaps and your legs look amazing :)
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    It took a few days for me to start losing weight. Also, I set up my calories based on under-estimating my normal physical activity. I also have tried to underestimate my exercise and round up on food intake... But, a trip to the doctor might be in order. If you haven't seen any type of result in over a week, and your inputs are accurate, then there is something else in play.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP and lost 5lbs in a week. I know, not helpful, but then: I started working out vigorously and spent the next MONTH at 0 weight loss. Yes, a whole month. So, it's not unusual to run into these frustrations. Keep at it and you will succeed <glances down at his -20lb ticker>.

Make sure you don't eat way under what you need to fuel your body with your workouts going on. The human body has a survival mode where it will pack away every shred of energy into fat if you subject it to a large enough calorie deficit.

Oh and personal gripe: don't eat a lot of the 100-calorie junk food stuff or lots of sweets/fake sweets. You need nutrients, not junk calories. Extreme example is someone eating, say, a small salad, a bit of fruit and meat maybe,...and 6-8 100-calorie snack packs in a day to reach about 1200-1400 calories. Not that anyone does this but it is an example of misguided mindset to just look at calories and not the rest of the picture.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Are you doing just cardio? Or strength training as well?

Like the others recommended, take a really close look at your diary. I overdid it yesterday and went up two pounds, but I know that my main enemy is sodium. So no matter how much water I drink, if I overdo it with the sodium then my weight will go up, or there won't be any change.
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you doing just cardio? Or strength training as well?

Like the others recommended, take a really close look at your diary. I overdid it yesterday and went up two pounds, but I know that my main enemy is sodium. So no matter how much water I drink, if I overdo it with the sodium then my weight will go up, or there won't be any change.

I do BOTH cardio and strength training. I mix up the routines too so it's more effective and not as boring.

I also walk about 4-5 miles per day with my job in addition to the 4 day a week exercise routine.
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    trust me, I do EVERYTHING.

Lots of water, not starving anything in terms of nutrients/calories/etc.

It's been over a month and I think I actually got bigger.

My body looks thicker than it ever did.

Very depressing to go into a store and try on the biggest sized pants and they are tight on my thys. That's with TONS of daily walking, the exercise and the diet. I feel burnt out from it. I'd be better off just eating like a pig and getting no movement