Are you a control freak?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
It seems a lot of people here like very strict rules! Are you one? I am quite a control freak with the people around me (only I am allowed to cook in my kitchen, etc), but am completely relaxed about most of the things other people stress about. I couldn't care less if I am late for something, or if I eat something unhealthy (just work it off!) occasionally, or if my hair is brushed or I have tan lines, and I don't notice those things on other people. But if someone cuts up a tomato wrong, or buys the wrong food in the supermarket....God help them!

Replies

• SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I am a control freak as well.....not usually about the small stuff (except I am NEVER late)...my house can be a total disaster or my car can be filthy....but when it come to food that's another story. Even though I am at the maintenance stage of my weight loss journey I still weigh ALL my food on the scale or measure out the portion.....every time....my husband thinks I am crazy!! I just feel the need to control how much food I am eating and knowing exactly how many calories I have had. I personally feel that this will help me maintain my weight because I have been here before and just had " a little" more...."cause I am on maintenance"...and then eventually gained all the weight back. I never want to look like that again and if it takes me being a control freak then so be it!! :happy:
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    In my job you can't have strict rules, sure there are certain rules that can't be broken, but for the majority of my work load - we make exceptions here and there to help people the best we can. - Because of this, I'm like that for my diet well. My SO is dealing with eating all the food I want to eat in the house, so every once in a while we'll get something to go for him to eat :) He's welcome to cook if he wants, he also goes shopping for me (but always asks for a grocery list).

I'm pretty chillax about everything - we're only people and we do make mistakes.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am on of those always on time people but I am pretty relaxed about other stuff even what I eat (I just do more exercise), having said that I have a friend who is always late for everything but a total control freak about everything else, even when her boyfriend does his washing. We are pretty opposite but it seems to work, so in some ways I know how it is.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am a control freak. I cannot be late for anything is a biggie and I have to clean my housr a certain way. Laundry has to be done a certain way. My husband says im a little OCD with stuff! I just know how I like things to be done!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I barely clean my house. I seem to spend hours every day just doing the washing and cooking, I can't be bothered to spend more of my life making the house spotless. I live in a tip 6 days a week, and one day a week things are just about ok when the cleaner comes! I also almost never remember to brush my (very long) hair.
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not a control freak, I am just particular about things lol.
    I am really picky about the wierdest thing, but I also have OCD lol
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Guilty! Total control freak here. I've gotten better over the years (I try to ask myself this when I get really upset - "in the grand scheme of the world how important is it...for example...that someone sliced a tomato the wrong way? (yep, that used to be a biggie for me too! :laugh: ) I'm NEVER late (and start freaking if I'm even 2 minutes late!). It drives me insane when people ARE late (unless they've called). There's many more areas I'm controlling, but I'm working on it. There's also a few areas where I'm completely OCD (you'll rarely catch a grammar or spelling error on my posts and my pantry looks like a grocery store) and areas I'm not (my house and my car can be a wreck). :blushing:
  • Fitnessguy84
    Fitnessguy84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call myself a control freak, but I am picky about certain things. But I think that is human nature, as in, we are all a little controlling over some things, in our own little way.
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm quite glad you posted this. over the last couple of days i have come to realise how anal i have become about my eating. I am currently home for easter break and therefore eating what my parents cook for me and the thought of not being able to control exactly what goes in my evening meals terrifies me. I actually felt physically sick this morning watching my mum plate up a cooked breakfast for me because of all the oil it had been cooked in :sick: Thankfully i can control all my other meals so it's not been all bad!

It also really annoys me when people help themselves to my carefully measured and recorded meal - how else am I to know exactly what I am eating?????????

Saying that, I am happily munching easter chocolate right now, and often enjoy sweet treats, but i am able to accurately record the nutritional value of all that stuff so it doesn't panic me as much.

I also just thought I'd suggest that people think about describing their thoughts and behaviours as OCD - it is a serious psychological anxiety disorder that devastates lives. The same applies for people describing themselves as autistic. Sorry but I really do feel strongly about people throwing about those kind of terms.