Question

Options
I just read the one with the calories and such.

I noticed that a lot of you out there, weight less than I do, however are not allowed as many calories as I am.. how does that work?
Shouldnt I get less.. and "you" get more?
Im confused

Replies

• rainysoul
    Options
    I just read the one with the calories and such.

I noticed that a lot of you out there, weight less than I do, however are not allowed as many calories as I am.. how does that work?
    Shouldnt I get less.. and "you" get more?
    Im confused
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh the smaller amount of calories your body needs. That's what we learned at Weight Watchers anyway. Hope that helps.
  • webebeer
    Options
    I think it depends on the weight loss goal .....I weigh 156 and am going for a 2lb a week loss....so I can have 1200...but if I go for a 1/2 lb. week I get 1400....
    wendy
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh the less amount of calories you are allowed because your body uses up fewer calories just to survive and to walk or whatever you do because you weigh less. I remember on weight watchers- as you lost weight you were allowed less points for a day. It seemed unfair- you lose weight only to be able to eat less! lol but it does make sense when you think about it.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I know the very basics so bear with me. There is an equation that you can figure what your calorie intake should be. It depends on your weight, activity level, and in some equations your age. All figured you get a base calorie intake.

You take that and subtract 500-1000 calories and you get your daily calorie intake required to lose weight.

Off the top of my head I cannot tell you the equation but I know that it is not difficult to find.

Hope that helps.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I know the very basics so bear with me. There is an equation that you can figure what your calorie intake should be. It depends on your weight, activity level, and in some equations your age. All figured you get a base calorie intake.

You take that and subtract 500-1000 calories and you get your daily calorie intake required to lose weight.

Off the top of my head I cannot tell you the equation but I know that it is not difficult to find.

Hope that helps.
    I think the equation is your weight x 7 - 500 ex: (250 x 7=1750-500=1250) you would get 1250 calories I think that's how it works.
  • rainysoul
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Memaw- If that is true... I am given more than I am suppose to. I wonder if I can go down some.
    And I am on the 2 lbs a week thing too...