Easter feast ???? Im scared..

Options
On Friday, I barely ate anything all day because i knew i would be at a friends house for a potluck dinner. I had no intentions on treating myself that night but I did, BIG TIME. I ate some fattening broccoli salad with cheese and bacon and by the end of the evening I was dipping oreos into a fondue fountain!

I didnt want to eat badly that night because I knew that tonight my grandma is having an easter dinner with all kinds of fattening stuff. There will be turkey, gravy and stuffing and everything else you would expect.

I ate a light breakfast this morning (1 sunny side up egg, 1 slice of white toast and a tea dbl dbl)
But should i just eat very lightly tonight or just go for it. I know i will feel like a failure to have treated my self for two days in one whole week!!!!
ugh i need advice!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am headed to my parents for easter dinner. Traditional ham, mashed potatoes, veggies and rolls. I will be having ham n veggies only and bringing my zero cal spray butter too. Not sabotaging my week over one meal. No way. Will eat healthy snack on way so im not starving.
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Dont worry, Im just after finishing a large Roast Chicken dinner too! You might as well enjoy easter while it lasts!! Its only one day!! If you feel bad, not only our big easter dinner today, we are going out for a meal tomorrow with our granny too!! Im just making sure to get some exercise in today and tomorrow!!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    One day of being off track isn't going to kill you. You can still enjoy treats now and then without losing a healthy lifestyle. It's all about long-term lifestyle changes.

Don't sweat it and enjoy the day with your family! :-)
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Drink two cups of water about a half an hour before the feast starts. It'll make your stomach feel a little fuller and you won't be tempted to over-do it with the portions.
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Easter Brunch with the folks here so it makes it easier to work it off before bed time. I'm sure mom will have my favorites deviled eggs, spiral cut ham and cheesy potatoes it's going to be rough. Even though it's my rest day I took an easy cruse on the elliptical for 300 cals this morning and will do some tree trimming after brunch if the weather permits.

Enjoy your holiday.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    if they have veggies or salad options eat those first, drink the water, and then eat balanced portions of the meal. it won't hurt and enjoy your day!
  • grabacokelaurie
    Options
    We had our Easter dinner yesterday & I sampled my potato salad & baked beans. I had a SMALL piece of eggless zucchini bread & one small piece of ham, I made a small turkey ham for hubby & I and I filled up on a LARGE salad & peas. Since it was my "Cheat" day I did have some sweets, but did it moderately. Sampling works for me, cuz I am not forbidding myself anything & that is what makes you break - telling yourself "NO!!". If everyone is sitting around eating pre-dinner snacks & sweets; take your own in the form of fruits, veggies, etc. and then you can still be happy. Sampling satisfies the temptation & you can still enjoy a family meal & make the cook happy. Hope this helps : ) : )
  • katie192
    katie192 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go for a nice long walk after the meal. Enjoy the meal but don't go overboard. I will be enjoying some easter treats once i finish work!! Have Fun x.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Drink two cups of water about a half an hour before the feast starts. It'll make your stomach feel a little fuller and you won't be tempted to over-do it with the portions.
    That's my game plan exactly! Plus, I'm doing a fiber feast for breakfast so I'm not famished and grazing when I get there.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    It's a special occasion- eat what you want, but in moderation. Don't stuff yourself, give yourself smaller portions of the stuff you know is bad, and enjoy!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    if they have veggies or salad options eat those first, drink the water, and then eat balanced portions of the meal. it won't hurt and enjoy your day!

if it's a serve yourself situation, PILE your plate with veggies first (hopefully without any butter or dressing!), and turkey's a lean meat so for a palm sized portion of that....mind the potatoes and any greasey trimmings! and drink plenty of water!!!!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    I made a small turkey ham for hubby

What's turkey ham? Is that like turducken? Mmmm, turducken.
  • MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm scared as well. This morning started out with me nonchalantly picking up and eating not one, but TWO peanut-butter filled chocolate bite-sized Malley's Easter bunnies and eating them at about 10:30am. And then I proceeded to eat a peanut MnM before I was like....whoah. This could be dangerous. I had a split second thought of "oh, just cheat and let it all out today", but then, thinking better of it (and looking at all my progress in the last two weeks), I got up, poured myself a HUGE glass of diet soda and cut up an entire plate of celery and carrots. I still don't know how today is going to play out. Am I going to treat myself to some "unhealthy" choices? Probably - kind of like the big juicy ham staring at my from the oven cooktop right now. I'm going to try to make smart choices, eat smaller portions, but also enjoy the meal and enjoy the company. Will I go over? Maybe - but at least it won't be 3000 calories over. :) Good luck everyone!
  • MABmom
    MABmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is my second easter feast of the week so I know it is hard. I am trying to do portion control and drink lots of water. Also I am trying not to advertise I am trying to eat healthy because when I do advertise everyone seems to think its a game to get me to eat dessert and larger portions.
  • MegsMads
    MegsMads Posts: 10
    Options
    I think it's up to you to decide what's most important here. You could preemptively strike for a huge meal you know you're going to eat or you could keep yourself from splurging on all the Easter goodies. For me, personally, holidays have always been about eating and drinking way too much while having good laughs with family. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. So I know that for me, going over calories is most likely going to happen when it comes to family events. That being said, I'd preemptively strike, take in very light meals/snacks the rest of the day, and probably be a bit stricter with my calories the rest of the week, but not worry about it too much while I was with family. If possible, I'd also do a high calorie burning workout that day to cut down a bit on excess calories.

Either way, keep up the good work, and if you do splurge again, don't beat yourself up over it! We all need those treat days, and can use them as motivation to get right back to work after a long holiday weekend!
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I decided to host Easter this year so I knew exactly what was going to be available. I have a chicken roasting in a slow cooker with lots of carrots and onions, we're going to have a broccoli slaw salad (with a light vinaigrette), and rolls. Dessert will be a choice between sugar free chocolate pudding, sugar free jello, or sugar free fudge bar. But I know there won't be any candies, nuts, or fatty dips to tempt me during the day.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their way of doing things! I would just eat in moderation and get your exercise in. Personally I wont waste all my hard work for a weekend of overeating or even a meal of overeating. I plan everything around what is best for MY LIFE as for years it was all about others.. NOW its about ME!
    That being said.. i went to a baseball game last night.. took almonds and ww goldfish to munch on.. Ate a salad after we got home.. I didnt feel like I was out of the loop for not eating and I even parked a long ways away from the stadium and tracked my walking to my seat in which I burned 200 calories going there and getting back to the car. Today we are staying home and just the two of us.. Having a sirloin tip roast with asparagus, baked sweet pot and salad.. Ill be plenty full and wont feel guilty.

Lots of ways of doing things just find one that works for you and then adjust accordingly.
    Good luck!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lmk224
    lmk224 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well its nearly bedtime here and at the end of Easter Sunday I am -849 :/ didn't mean to do that.. it was tasty though :D