Wrist and Forearm Exercises

Options
Looking for some good wrist and forearm exercises that you can do at home or with limited available weights and bands...any ideas?

Replies

• danielsmommy10
    Options
    drumming...you don't have to know how just the motion and you'll feel it fast.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    These first two are done with dumbbells.

Sit on a chair with a weight in each hand,, arms resting on your thighs, palms down. Then extend up however many reps.
    Then, roll your arms so they are palm up. With control, open your hands up, letting the weights roll down to the fingertips. When they've rolled as far as they can without rolling off your fingers, roll the weights back up into your palms and curl your hands up as far as they will go, roughly the same number of reps as the last one.

For the last one, you'll need a piece of PVC pipe that you'll be able to hold onto, but the wider the better, a piece of rope long enough to tie as described at the end of the paragraph with about 2 feet left loose, and a weight, a plate or dumbbell will work. Tie the rope to the middle of the PVC pipe, and then around the weight.

Hold the pipe out at shoulder height, palms down, with the weight hanging all the way down. Then, moving your arms as little as possible, roll the PVC so the rope wraps all the way around it, then unroll it the same way. This one is tougher than it sounds and be conservative withe the choice of weight to start.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist

Wow, impressing. kept yourself in check! lmao:wink:
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist

I am trying SO hard to do same!!! I keep coming back to see who will not be able to resist!!:laugh:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist
    LMAO!!!!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist

I am trying SO hard to do same!!! I keep coming back to see who will not be able to resist!!:laugh:

will not get another thread locked NOPE!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i think these ladies want to help lol.......

hammer curls are good i think pull ups help too
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    okay... i'm sorry, friends don't defriend me for my next comment..

"experimenting" with yourself will stronger your muscles:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the exercise holding the weight in your hand (which is resting on your thigh palm up) and letting it extend down then rolling it back up and flexing as hard as I can for a second, then slowly rolling back down etc... up and down, up and down ;-)
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options

lets out a breath

WHOOO HOOO Ranger.....Thank god i couldn't bite my lip any longer haha
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Danger you're a bad one, love it!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness someone came up with the only satisfying answer! ;)
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Wrist curls as ndhr3d mentioned are quite good. But I've found that I usually neglect to do these while training.

So I invested in a pair of "heavy duty" / "extra stong" grippers http://www.heavygrips.com/ (something like this...just searched in google this was my first hit, not related to the company in any way).

I can use them while at my desk and they are small enough to dump in my bag and forget about them :)
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    sFun_zipit.gif

must resist must resist

I'm glad I'm bit the only smutty one on here. Haha!!
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So I invested in a pair of "heavy duty" / "extra stong" grippers http://www.heavygrips.com/ (something like this...just searched in google this was my first hit, not related to the company in any way).

I can use them while at my desk and they are small enough to dump in my bag and forget about them :)

Same as you, I tend to not do wrist curls... I'm going to look into your grips and give them a try!! Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Same as you, I tend to not do wrist curls... I'm going to look into your grips and give them a try!! Thanks for the suggestion.

The only thing I would advise if you are looking to buy a set is that the resistance is fixed on these items. As a result the more you use them the easier they become to use.

Unlike weights where you increase the weight as you get stronger, you cannot do that here. Therefore, try and get a set that are above the level you think you're at...for example, when I bought mine I had never used anything like this before and the brand I bought sell grippers in three categories:

Normal
    Strong
    Extra Strong

I went straight for the extra strong ones, and I'm glad I did. While I am finding them a tad difficult at the moment there is no doubt in my mind that had I of chosen the normal or strong grippers it would have been as good as throwing my money away.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Here are some therapeutic wrist and hand exercises.

wristandhandxps1.jpg

For the forearm, I'd recommend the weighted wrist curls, but also do the reverse weighted wrist curls.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

lets out a breath

WHOOO HOOO Ranger.....Thank god i couldn't bite my lip any longer haha

The second I read the title, I went straight to the gutter. Glad someone broke the tension!:laugh:
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think I should add a friend of two from this thread!

Anyhow, I got The Grip Master's Manual. I highly recommend it. Reasonably priced. You may find it used on Half.com or similar.