Brand new to MFP and feeling motivated.

Options
Hi everyone. I've just registered and am ready to go. I've even done my "before" pics (and boy, are they BAD!).

In a nutshell, I'm 32, 5' 5", and weigh 322 pounds. I'm addicted to food. I'm an emotional eater. I'm a binge eater. I'm a secret eater. Add PCOS into the mix, and, well, yeah. :wink:

I'm looking for some accountability and this seems like a good way to start.

My first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight and I started two days ago. My long term goal is to have a BMI starting with a 2 (it's currently 53.6).

I'm counting calories and sticking to approximately 1700 per day (which seems like LOADS, but I need to start somewhere, right?).

I've updated my profile if anyone wants any more info.

I'm really looking forward to making this journey with all of you!

Replies

• SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!

I'm a newbie too and so far I LOVE this site and it's really motivational. As a fellow newbie free to add me as a friend if you want some additional motivational support...
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great start and a plan. Good job! You will find tons of support and advise here on MFP. I would suggest you open up your diary,if its not already, and then invite as many people as you can to be your friends. We will all support you and help you as much as we can. Good luck to you!!:wink:
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the first step by joining MFP, you'll get lots of support here. Add me as a friend if you want to :)
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome....!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome....I'm so excited for you to be here. Good luck with your goals. You stick to it and you CAN DO IT!!!!! Add me if you like. I can always use more friends to keep me goin to. :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Also a newbie! Loving this site I have become a little addicted!! LOL Not a bad thing though!!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Thanks so much for the lovely welcome, everyone! I'm still figuring out MFP, but I *think* I've sent you all friend requests. :)
  • laniackerman1
    Options
    I'm also new... have loads to loose! x

6923747.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    Welcome I joined this site in Jan., but I started my transition into healthier living a year ago! It was hard to adjust to a healthier lifestyle because it was something that was totally new to me, and I succeeded by doing it a little at a time, by that I mean cutting back or out the bad stuff, and moving on to something else when I had that beat. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the changes you are making and it isn't easy at first. The one thing I have learned that is as important as eating right and exercising is that you will slip and you will have bad days and that is ok...what is important is that you don't quit when you do this you forget about it and go on from there. The tools and people on this site are wonderful, use them the way you are suppose to and turn to them when you are having a bad day, they sometimes are enough to replace the emotional eating. With the help and support from this site I have lost 36 pounds since Jan., and I could not be more proud of myself or more thankful for the people on here for getting me through the tough times. I have had those bad days, and talking it over with them has helped me through it. They don't judge you because they have been there or are going through the same struggles and hard times you are. They may offer advice or encouragement, so don't take it as criticism its not meant that way they just know from experience how these things work. I wish you the best of luck, and please feel free to add me as a friend. I would like to think that I can offer some support and help you through, for you and as a return of a favor for the people that have helped me and still do. If we do this together there isn't anything we can't accomplish. ;-)