Healthy bread?

Options
What kind of bread do you eat? I have always had just plain white bread but I'm looking for something healthier now, any suggestions would be awesome!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    100% whole grain!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    "Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful" Very soft and low calorie! I like the 100% whole grain or the Wheat version.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i like Open Nature Double fiber whole wheat or Open Nature Multi Grain Bread. Each have about 90 calories per slice i believe.

Or anything from Tartine Bakery in San Francisco!!! :)
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    I love the Sara Lee 45 Cal & Delightful! Tasty :)
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Unless it says 100% whole wheat on the front and the first ingredient is whole wheat you dont want to eat it. If those two are not listed it is processed and loses its nutritional value.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel 4:9 - (Low Sodium) Sprouted Grain Bread because it is whole grain, low glycemic index, and the lowest sodium bread I can find, which I need due to kidney stones.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i try and eat bread only once a week, and try and make it Nimble
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Unless it says 100% whole wheat on the front and the first ingredient is whole wheat you dont want to eat it. If those two are not listed it is processed and loses its nutritional value.

Good to know, thanks!
  • techie2007
    Options
    I use the Wonder SmartWhite bread. It's 100 calories for two slices. I really like it.
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    i eat thomas light english muffin....practically every morning. somothered with almond butter and some fruit. banana or apple. lately it's been cut up strawberries or grapefruit. yum-o. also orowheat sandwhich thins. and yes. always 100% wheat! happy eating!:smile:
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat Ezekiel 4:9 - (Low Sodium) Sprouted Grain Bread because it is whole grain, low glycemic index, and the lowest sodium bread I can find, which I need due to kidney stones.

I always seems to go over my recommended sodium intake for the day so I'm always looking for low sodium stuff, thanks!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    All things considered, I opt for Healthy Life 40 calories per slice 100% Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread. First ingredient is water, then whole wheat flour and so on. The important thing to me is that it does not contain high fructose corn syrup, which alot of the other 'healthy' breads do. You could spend hours looking at labels in the bread isle......
    But here is the best thing ever! I just found this site- www.shopwell.com - and I'm so excited! It lists and rates a bunch of foods for nutrition and health value! Just thought I share that.........I can't wait to get back to the site! Instead of spending an hour in the store reading labels, I can get it narrowed down on my computer first!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I like the Orowheat Healthfull bread, its 80 cals a slice and still the larger size slices.