Trader Joe's

Options
What are some of your "must haves" from Trader Joe's (if there is one by you)? It's always better to shop with a list of things people say are yummy than just hoping they are. Thanks!

Replies

• Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I love the oatmeal with flax seed its sooo good
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Ask my friend "hartsmart"! She works at TJ and is a great resource for yummy, healthy foods! *^_^*
  • ema21043
    ema21043 Posts: 45
    Options
    I love their frozen green beans . . . even my 12 year old asks for them.
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    They have a lot of great things. I love the 0% Fat Greek Yogurt, the black bean and corn enchiladas, sliced organic apples, the frozen rice medley, and the light havarti slices. Also: Three Layer Hummus. And Egg White Salad with chives.
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love their cereal bars! This Fig Walks Into a Bar & This Strawberry Walks Into a Bar - very good!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    We are just now getting a Trader Joe's to the Louisville area. It is still a bit far for me to travel but I do plan on visiting it as soon as its here just don't know how often it will be feasible for me to get there.
  • orangegalt
    Options
    definitely the 0% greek yogurt. cheaper and slightly better nutrition stats than fage.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fig Bar- It says on it "This Fig Walks Into a Bar." Only 120 calories. I eat it in the car on the way to work. Keeps me full for a while. I like the Trader Joe's Veggie sticks. 50 per serving....I think its like 120 or 140 calories. They are yummy.
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    mmmm everything is so good there! Their premade dinners and such are all SO good. I try and avoid them though, because they are packaged and processed:( Even if it is trader joes. I get one every once and a while for a treat though. As for fresher stuff I love all of their frozen fruit, the fancy berry medley is great for smoothies! They have a great selection of peanut butter too. And their strawberry mochi are SO good. These little frozen icecream things. 100 cals each and they cure a sweet tooth!
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    I like the Five Seed Almond Bars (found in the shelves above the freezer cases), the frozen sweet potato gnocchi (features butter so it isn't exactly low in fat but it is delicious with some goat cheese crumbles on top), mango cream bars, arugula and parmigiano reggiano ravioli (refrigerated section), ginger cashew almond granola, and frozen naan. If you don't mind some liquid calories, I really like the mango green tea or pomegranate green tea (half juice/half tea combo). But really I love TJ's because of the good prices on things like hummus, fresh greens, nuts, dried fruits, and cheeses. And they have a good variety of ethnic prepared foods (but watch the sodium). I'm a vegetarian, so I'm not really familiar with the meat and fish offerings but my parents seem to like it. Have fun.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I love their orange flavored dried cranberries. I like to add some to my morning greek yogurt. So yummy.
  • tonka0597
    Options
    I've never heard of Trader Joe's but I will look it up after this post. I wanted to tell you all that I found a popsicle with 14 cals! I have a very aggressive sweet tooth and that popsicle does the trick! 14 cals and like 7 mgs of sodium. I found them at Walmart they are called Philly Swirl Sweet Delights. enjoy!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    0% fat greek yogurt.
    One ingredient peanut butter
    Sunflower seed butter
    Spinach (fresh)
    Low fat french toast.

I LOVE trader Joe's
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I could live on salads, fruits and fish...but the hubby needs meat!! TJ's has a fantastic Italian Turkey Meatloaf that really is delicious!! I have found that their frozen brown rice is good and easy. There is also a hardy bread with only 10mg of sodium per slice that my husband likes...Sprouted Multigrain Bread!! My indulgence from TJ's....I found a sugar free dark chocolate bar from Simply Lite!!!!