Stuck !!!!

Options
Help suggestions please on how to re-start my weight loss...I've been the same for thast few weeks...I upped cals to 1400 perday, and mixed up the exercise...what else should i try?

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?

Are you sure you're eating enough calories? Do you know what your BMR is? Try fluctuating your calories day to day for a week. Sometimes our bodies just get used to what we're eating and need a boost.

I'm stuck right now and I'm really evaluating my food again. I've been "cheating" some and I'm wondering if that is why I seem to be stuck. But, I also know that this is how my body works. It'll be stuck at a certain weight for WEEKS and WEEKS and then will drop a bunch of weight literally overnight.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for almost the entire month of March. It will work out, I promise. I vote: don't be so quick to change it up. Long-term trends are hugely important. The week-to-week is just a tool for information management. I'm willing to bet your body will work it out soon. :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am stuck too. It is sooooooo frustrating. Somebody help us get off this plateau; although it is nice to know I am not alone up here.
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    I am stuck too. It is sooooooo frustrating. Somebody help us get off this plateau; although it is nice to know I am not alone up here.

I would stick with what you are doing huney except up your water intake, the weight will move soon dont worry. You are doing fantastically. xx
  • Acnwgirl
    Acnwgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    try interval training and weights. that has helped me get "unstuck" every time. Interval training meaning if you're walking or jogging, walk as fast as you can for 45 seconds and then recover for 15 seconds, repeat 10-12 times. Warm up before and cool down after for 5 minutes. You can apply this to any exercise, biking, running...you get the idea. You can also change up the intervals i.e. run fast for 1:00 recover for 30 seconds. Whatever works for you. It will change your weight loss!

Also, at least 2 days per week hit the weights. Lift whatever weight you have until the point of muscle failure (you can't do that exercise anymore). Do upper body one day and lower the other day with one day of recovery in between. The more muscle you build the more fat you burn. You will be losing the fat like crazy!

Good luck!!
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I know this has probably been suggested but have you considered sharing your diary so we can see what you're eating? We can thewn advise you better.
    Mixing up has worked for me in the past - swimming is good - interval training as Acnwgirl suggests.
    It will shift soon I am sure.
    Keep at it!