Wrist and Forearm Exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband has one, he removes the handle from the broom and then holding the handle from the bottom in one hand, and using his fingers he "walks" or scooches his hand up the length of the handle, and then back down. He'll do this several times in a row. I made it up the length of the handle, and then about a quarter of the way back down I couldn't do anymore. It's simple, but man you can really feel the burning in the forearm muscles.
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    another good one, if you have the equipment. A small broom handle (round, wooden, 12" or so) with a hole drilled through the middle and a 3-ft length of nylon rope tied through the hole (so it can't slip back through) with a 2.5 or 5 lb weight tied to the other end of the rope.

Just hold the stick sideways with both hands (one on either side of the tied rope) and the weight hanging at full length toward the ground... start winding the rope up on the stick using your hands/wrists... one or two winding up and slowly unwinding down with a weight tied to the end of the rope really get's the wrists burning!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    its funny the things you can do with a broom besides clean lol....