is angel food cake bad for you?

Options
Since I won't be eating all the chocolates and candies that will most be circulating around today I have decided to eat Angel food cake.
I thought that since it is sugar fee and kind of low in caloires maybe it would be better for me than the alternatives.
Whats your opinion?
Is it bad for me?

1/6 (43) g is 60 calories
0 fat calories
0 total fat
0 cholesterol
290 sodium
19 carbohydrates
2 dietary figer
0 sugars
12 sugar alcohol
3 protein
2% calcium

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I think it`s a good snack!!
  • JulianneR
    JulianneR Posts: 46
    Options
    It has the word "angel" in its name. How bad can it be? :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    We're having angel food cake with fresh strawberries...one of the healthier desserts I could come up with for the big family dinner.
  • Megs654321
    Options
    I don't think angel food cake is bad at all-when compared to all of the alternatives! I say if you have the calories enjoy the cake! :flowerforyou:
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. Unless your watching your carb intake. Some strawberries and some fat free cool whip you got yourself some strawberry shortcake. I love it my fave lo-cal dessert.:happy:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I mix angel food cake, 0% fage greek yogurt, strawberries, vanilla flavoring with a little 0 cal sweetner. Yummy!!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Only if you eat too much! Everything in moderation. :wink:
  • dreamfairy32
    Options
    Not totally sure but doesn't SUGAR ALCOHOL" turn into sugar? I'm new to this but i would think it might be a batter choice than chocolate & many other goodies that may be around? :wink:
  • srtjo
    srtjo Posts: 6
    Options
    Is a good desert choice, I also buy the marzettis sugar free strawberry glaze for it, since I do not like fresh strawberries!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite desserts. I love it with fresh strawberries and a little whipped cream. I can make an amazing treat for under 200 calories. It was one of my favorites even before I was trying to loose weight, so I love that I can still have it.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    It's my favorite dessert - 1/8 of the cake is only 140 calories. Well worth it, when you want something light and sweet.