Walking challenge???

Options
I'm not really posting to for a large group for the challenge but if anyone wants to join feel free to. I'm goin to challenge myself. I'm starting this week out small. There will be 2 days I will not be able to get much in unless I do it late at nite. But the reason to do this is to make myself walk the other 5 days. I will say that I will get at least 15 miles in this week. Probably be able to get a little more in but it's a very very busy week. Overtime at work. We are holding a fundraiser for our local animal shelter and my best friend is a drama teacher and I have to help her one nite with her play. Actually prob have to help her with it Thur nite and Fri nite both. So that's another nite I may not get anything much in. OH MY!!!!! Ok just have to work harder on the other days. Feel free is you want to post your miles with me. It may keep me goin LOL Have a great EASTER everyone!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! Count me in!
    And Happy Easter!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I need to walk. I don't have any excuses. Even rescued a little Shih Tzu so she is my walking buddy. We used to walk twice a day every day then I moved into a different place with a fenced in area and another dog (my housemates) so I got lazy by just opening the door and letting my little Shih Tzu out to weewee. So yes, I'll join your challenge. This will give me way more incentive and also keep my little dog from getting chubba whubba.
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Deanna,

I don't have a treadmill, but really need to get some exercising in. Count me in I am going to try!!!!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    awesome ladies. I just need to make myself do it, I'm starting today. Goin to my moms for dinner about noon then I'm comming back to get on my wii fit to get my miles started. It's raining so I cant go outside.
  • deannar417
    Options
    Hi Deanna,

I don't have a treadmill, but really need to get some exercising in. Count me in I am going to try!!!!
    I dont have a treadmill at home but when my daughter got my gym membership for my b-day I use it there everytime. Do you have the leslie sansome dvd? Its inside and you dont need much room. I know your getting rain too. Allll stinking week almost.
  • goldspaula
    goldspaula Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm in too. But I have to start tomorrow. :D Do we just report in here for each walk? Or a total at the end?
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Deanna,

I dont have a treadmill at home but when my daughter got my gym membership for my b-day I use it there everytime. Do you have the leslie sansome dvd? Its inside and you dont need much room. I know your getting rain too. Allll stinking week almost.

send your rain to me!! its so dry here my grass is crunchy :(.....
  • rican64
    rican64 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I planning to do a couple 5k this year. My sister and I have started walking and we have been completing about 3 miles a day by walking about a track at the high school. We started this to get into shape. We both want to lose at least 50 pounds by the end of the summer. Lets keep motivated and keep active. Good luck.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I am fairly new on this site but I have walked/jogged 62 miles so far this month. Training for a half marathon. ;)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I have all of the LS dvd's. I love the 4 mile challenge dvd. We are having storms today and all this week so I did the 4 mile today inside.... I love them.
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great challenge good luck to everyone. Have a great burn this week.
  • deannar417
    Options
    Hi Deanna,

send your rain to me!! its so dry here my grass is crunchy :(.....

Here ya go.......I'm sending rain. We have a lot to share with you. More then enough. LOL
  • deannar417
    Options
    I have all of the LS dvd's. I love the 4 mile challenge dvd. We are having storms today and all this week so I did the 4 mile today inside.... I love them.
    I dont have that one but I do have one with a 3 mile walk. Love it
  • deannar417
    Options
    Hi. I planning to do a couple 5k this year. My sister and I have started walking and we have been completing about 3 miles a day by walking about a track at the high school. We started this to get into shape. We both want to lose at least 50 pounds by the end of the summer. Lets keep motivated and keep active. Good luck.

Good luck on your 5k and your and your sisters goal. You both can do it......set your mind to it and it's done :-)
  • deannar417
    Options
    Okay friends. I did NOT start yesterday so I have nothing to log. Storms came thru all nite and that is my excuse LOL not a good one but it will work hehehe But off to the gym after work today tho. Will get about 2 miles in at least. Hope yall have a great day.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Didn't start yet but will today or tomorrow.
  • deannar417
    Options
    YAY I got 3 miles in tonite. I had to go to the gym to do it. All the roads are blocked off and flooded so I didnt think I should take off walking. Just glad I was able to get from home to the gym. More rain tonite YUCK it's getting very bad here with floodinig. Hope everyone else is making thier goals :tongue:
  • deannar417
    Options
    Didn't start yet but will today or tomorrow.
    That's ok. Start whenever you need to. :wink: