I need some friends for motivation

Options
Hey so I've been on this site march, mostly logging in my food and lurking in the topics. reading all the inspirational stories, but not putting myself out there so i'm changing that now. I've decided to take a more active role on this site by first saying Hi, will you be my friend?

Replies

• crawdiddy01
    Options
    Of course! we all need motivation! some people cant put themselves out there and this is an area im all self conscious about, but otherwise im an extrovert. So I decided I needed that to be an extra motivator! I linked up MFP and my facebook so now when I log an exercise or daily calorie count, it shows up in my newsfeed! Talk about being out there!
  • gebhardt
    gebhardt Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am also new to MFP. We can be friends and support and motivate one another.Good luck to you.
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    I linked to my FB and didnt realize it put my excercise on there..UGH! Oh well, already had comments on it. I am new as well but I really do like the site! Good luck with your fitness goals girl.
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    oh wow, i wasn't expecting such a quick reply!!!!! thanks everyone i've got a huge smile now, didn't realize such a response would make such a difference in my day :)
  • Loopyluc
    Loopyluc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats whats great about this site! welcome :)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I love motivating my friends on here.Im on here every day and am totally addicted..lol.You can add me by all means.If not then good luck and best wishes with all your goals....:smile:
  • stringbean754
    Options
    Hi there,

My name is Barbi and I am 40 years old...this week actually is my birthday! Since my mid thirties I have put on a good ten pounds extra a year and this year I have decided to do something about it! I am curently at about 185 and want to lose about fourty pounds. ( I am 5'7"). I live five minutes from the C&O canal trail & the Maryland Heights hiking trails in Washington County, MD. The trail has mile markers every mile, therefore it is really easy to gauge my walking/jogging distance. I started with a two mile walk and have moved up to three miles in just one week. I also have a very high energy dog that I take on my walks and hikes, he keeps me moving forward as you can imagine!! I bought a used mountain bike for $20 off craigslist in my area and plan to ride the trail several miles; the C&O trail is flat, mostly, and goes from Cumberland, MD all the way to Washington D.C. -- I plan to start small, six miles on the bike two times a week. I also bought a jump rope, Walmart ($2.27+tax) and plan to just jump as long as I can, building up more time as I go. I have started that at just five little minutes, that burns 70 calories. I am planning on buying a Hula Hoop, I heard on some show that it burns lots of calories and it is fun!! I plan to us it on the 3 minute commercial breaks during one of my 1 hour shows in the evenings, just get up and hula during the commercials instead of sit there!! I hope this has helped motivate you some, just know that you don't have to so straight to a gym and run for hours on a treadmill and lift crazy weights; start small and build up from there...once the pounds start shedding away, it will motivate you even more....I know 2 pounds a weeks seems like nothing, but the longer you stay on it the more it will encourage you...AND it gets easier because you actually start to enjoy the more active lifestyle!
  • stringbean754
    Options
    By the way....I would love to have some friends herre....add me if you want to....I can use the support!!!

Barbi
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hi there i'm Nikki & joined yesterday, i'm 38 with 2 grown up kids & a 6 yr old, i have been trying to go on exercise bike daily (only past 3 days so far!) & walk from college 4 days per week (1.8 miles) joined biggest loser also a few days ago so here goes!! add me anybody please? x