What restaurant do you go to when looking for low calorie op

Options
Where do you like to eat out for vegetarian dishes? I've ordered from numerous places before and found the caloric intake way too high, so that I have to divide the meal over 3 days or so just to be able to absorb the calories.

I am looking for low calorie options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but also for ice cream or smoothie places now that warmer weather is coming. I live in NJ.

Thanx! Happy eating!

Replies

• gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian I often eat at subway or wegmans.
  • 726kdbailey
    726kdbailey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream is good and low in calories, You can try asking restaurant do the have 1/2 portion meals ( I know red lobster does) ask them not to cook your food in sauce. Most of the chain places have under 400 calories meals like Applebees, Chill's etc. Quacker make rice snacks and the cheedar cheese taste just like cheese doodles.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but if you have a Roly Poly sandwich shop in your area, they make a great, low cal veggie wrap!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html

here is a list of restaurants that you can look up stuff
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm vegetarian also, and i always go to Noodles & Company.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I like Subway. You can find low calorie alternatives at Ruby Tuesday's. McDonald's has good salads and dressing that isn't too high in calories. It's easier if you can eat fish or chicken. Then you can find things at more places.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    lots of Japanese, Thai, and Chinese places have low cal options - just asked for steamed veggies rather than cooked in oil.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Find a good local sandwich / soup / salad place that has a good selection of fresh, whole foods.
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I usually go to places that have their nutritional info online so I can decide what to get before I go. My staple places are Ruby Tuesday's (I usually get the salad bar and soup or veggie minis), Applebee's (order from the lower calorie or weight watchers menus), Panera, Subway, etc. I like chinese and will usually get tofu & chinese vegetables, it's not terrible calorie-wise.

Of course sometimes I'm not able to plan ahead and then I just make the best choices I can and track it all.
  • pammi65
    pammi65 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Starbucks Oatmeal
    Bob Evans or Dennys Egg whites and Plain Oatmeal
    McDonalds Parfait
    Subways Breakfast Sandwiches