WEIGH IN

Options

i gained of course

Replies

• mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you are most likely overvaluing your exercise calories and undervaluing your consumed calories. try this: when you eat what you think is a serving of something, record it as 1.5 servings. if you think you burned 500 calories on the treadmill, record 350.

try that for a week and see if you still gain and then modify from there.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea mkennedym. I have done that too! I try to measure everything though... but sometimes I'm just not sure... You have come a long way though Rach!! Don't you dare give up!! You are only 7 lbs away from your next goal!! It's not a race... it's going to happen if you keep watching calories and doing exercise... try to add some weight lifting!! It's helped so many people on here. Muscle burns fat so work your muscles a little bit every day!! I lost a little.. but no where near what I needed to to reach the 10 lbs this month goal. I am still not going to let that get me down... I think I have only lost like maybe 1.2 lbs this month?? That is pathetic, but it is progress. Maybe now since I have started lifting weights I will see a bigger change next month!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Saturday April 2: 184.4
    Saturday April 8: 185.4
    Friday April 15th: 184.2
    Friday April 22nd: 181.8

I lost 2.4 pounds last week, for a total of 3.6 pounds down this month... ack! I realize if I hadn't gained the week of the 8th, I probably would be down about 5.5 by now. I'm getting kind of greedy and reeeeeeeally hoping that I can crack into the 170s by the end of the month, so I know I'll have to work very hard over the next seven days and be a saint during Easter this weekend. It will be worth it though! Hope everyone has a great weekend, and keep it up! We can do this! :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Starting 4/1 - 224.8
    4/8 - 222.2
    4/15 - 219.8
    4/22 - 218.2

Lost 1.6 for this week, 6.6 total so far this month. Really want to meet that 10 pound goal this month, but not sure I can do 3.4 pounds in the next week. Hopefully I'm close, at least!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    dude i do Insanity...pretty sure im spossed to eating like 600 more calories then i do while doing insanity.....sooooo if i am eating a little more then gets recorded..i think thats a good thing
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you can do insanity with a calorie restricted diet.
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    April 5th - 171.6 lbs
    April 8th - 169.8 lbs
    April 16 - 166.4 lbs
    April 22 - 162.2 lbs

Lost 4.2 lbs
    Total lbs lost - 9.4 lbs
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm gonna wait to weigh in until Sunday - my official weigh-in day. I've been steadily gaining weight this week, but I'm fairly certain it's due to the fact that I started a weight lifting routine on Monday and less because I'm gaining fat. My meals have been extremely healthy and within my calorie range. I'm noticing that my pants fit even better than they did last week, so I'm not really concerned if the scale isn't where I want it to be this week. I hope everyone else is doing well.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    minus 2lbs :happy:
  • mynewyorkad
    Options
    4/1 - 236
    4/8 - 231
    4/15 - 232
    4/22 - 228

Overall loss - 8 pounds! :)

Great job everyone!
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    you are most likely overvaluing your exercise calories and undervaluing your consumed calories. try this: when you eat what you think is a serving of something, record it as 1.5 servings. if you think you burned 500 calories on the treadmill, record 350.

try that for a week and see if you still gain and then modify from there.

i already do this
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Start 4/1: 205

Today 4/22: 199.2

Weight loss from last week 3.2 lbs, so far this month 6 lbs!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Down 2lbs this week! Which is bizarre because I'm targeting .5lbs per week. It took me weeks to lose 2.5lbs and then I lose 2 in less than a week......who knows.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just read something about women especially needing weight training with cardio to lose. Go check out bodybuilding.com. Try to get a plan there and see what they say for you about lifting weights. You won't bulk up.
  • tolkienite
    tolkienite Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 177.6
    Week 2: 178.8
    Week 3: 174.2

God bless sunny weather and reduced appetites. A scourge on the producers of ice-cream.
  • jodi1229
    jodi1229 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    4/1 167
    4/8 166.6
    4/15 162.8
    4/22 161.8

total lost 5.2
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    Starting Weight (4/1/11): 180 lbs
    Week 1 (4/10/11): 178 lbs
    Week 2 (4/17/11): 174.5 lbs
    Week 3 (4/24/11): 175.8 lbs

Goal Weight (7/1/11): 150 lbs

Total Goal Weight: 140 lbs

I did gain this week, but I'm fairly certain it's because I started a strength training routine this week. I've kept my calorie intake low this week, so I'm pretty sure it's muscle weight and not fat weight. I was also extremely active this week. I'm excited to see where I'll be next week.
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    Good Job Everyone!! This is such a great group --- It has REALLY helped to keep me motivated!
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    Also, sometimes you just gain-for no obvious reason! I didn't even record my weight last week, but if I had, I would have gained two pounds.I gained one pound the week before. But, finally, I lost two this week. I'm either ahead or behind. It depends on how you look at it. I didn't do much different any of those times-except week before last I aten ONE high sodium meal--I ate Chinese, but only ONE meal and then I went back to what I was supposed to do. If it hadn't been for MFP, though, it could have been more!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in! woops!
    I didn't lose anything, I actually gained (thank you holiday). Also, apparently I hadn't been eating my burned cals and I have to (so they're telling me) so... maybe this week!
    goodluck everyone!