Healthy snacks you recommend?

Options
I know fruits and veggies and all that good stuff. But I have more of a sweet tooth...need for chocolate. All I know now is about those Bliss bars and I also have Nutrigrain bars. Mind you, I'm also allergic to all nuts so. :/ Really sucks. Also coconut. Anyone can help out?

Replies

• Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i love frozen green grapes! you have to try it, it's like candy :)
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered mini pretzels. Only 10 cal each, and with that little bit of saltiness- yum!

Edit: not exactly HEALTHY, but only takes a few to handle the chocolate fix!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    dried cranberries are very sweet and taste like sweets. most dried fruit are pretty good
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    pitted frozen bing cherries, slightly thawed :p
  • bafe
    bafe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars are great for the salty/sweet thibg we all crave!!
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the sweet tooth too...I will save calories for a snack size hersheys bar..or the 100 calorie treat bags.An apple dipped in a small amount of caramel is yummy too.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of protein in my snacks:

Cottage Cheese
    Hardboiled egg
    Greek Yogurt
    Veggies with Hummus
    Small protein shake (skim milk, protein powder, frozen berries)
    Edamame (soybeans in the pod)

I'm not a big 'sweets' person. Even when I have chocolate, it's the 86% cocoa dark chocolate. Ghirardelli makes nice chocolate squares that come individually wrapped that are pretty low in calories. Depends on how safe you feel with a bag of them in your pantry!

Fruit may work for you if you have a sweet tooth.

Sorry you can't eat nuts, as they are a great snack.

Yo ucan also have a smaller serving of something that would normally be a meal.
  • sandra1277
    Options
    Cascadian Farms Organic Kid-size Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars, or Nature's Own Dark Chocolate Granola Thins. They're only 80 calories but give you just enough chocolate and crunch to satisfy your sweet tooth. I also like Sensible Portions potato straws in Apple Cinnamon. You can eat 38 straws and it's only 130 calories.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    i second the frozen fruit. I love frozen grapes, any color lol. I'm actually freezing some right now to eat. Also quaker mini rice cakes. my favorite flavors are salt and pepper and sweet chili. they also have sweet flavors, chocolate, vanilla crem brule (duno how to spell it lol). very good and lots of whole grains
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    Just plain dark chocolate. that's my favorite. Lindt or Green & Black. I only eat chocolate 70% & above cocoa. Its so rich, it fulfills all my cravings! 2 squares of Lindt Smooth Dark Chocolate (white package) is only 110 calories, 9.5 gms fat, 8.5 carbs. (Fat is not the enemy)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    special k crisp bars, carmel corn rice cakes, popcorn, or yogurt covered pretzels.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    i love frozen green grapes! you have to try it, it's like candy :)

SO trying that.

I like popcorn & chocolate covered sesame cakes.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you need chocolate, fudgesicles are pretty good & very low in calories!
  • 54fevers
    54fevers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try having a 100cal cup of chocolate pudding with some grapes. :)
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    Sugar free Jell-o or Crystal Light sugar free popscicles.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Craisins, they are gorgeous and sweet. I also love almonds now.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I agree with the frozen grapes. They are like little spheres of sorbet. If you can find seedless pink grapes, they are incredible.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate fix I love Dove Chocolate Promises. Unlike a candy bar where I have to resist the temptation to eat more than one square, I can just pull out one or a couple of these candies and let them defrost on the counter (yes, I keep them in the freezer) for a few minutes.
  • kpadilla411
    Options
    Try Fiber one Brownie Bar. It's 90 cal and very good. It always satisfies my sweet tooth.
    I have a huge sweet tooth as well.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow mint flavour hot chocolate, and also chocolate milk from the milkman.

Also, if you are in the UK, check out www.graze.com they have amazing snacks and you get a completely free box for signing up with the following code XKW5ND3 plus a second box half price.

I love their stuff, and get them delivered to work once a week. This keeps me going all week, and they are different snacks, so you dont get bored of the same thing all the time! :happy: