What an awesome night!

Options
SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
Last night was the Toys for Tots Guitar Jam at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC. It was absolutely FABULOUS! I had a blast seeing Carolina Rain, Lee Brice (he winked at me!), Jason Michael Carroll, Darryl Worley, and Leann Womack! In ticket sales alone over $10,000 was raised to help children in western NC have a very merry Christmas. That's not even counting t-shirt sales and the money raised from the auction. And as if that wasn't good enough, the Orange Peel has no seating. So for the three hour concert I was standing and dancing the whole time. When I got home, I got on MFP and checked to see if standing was considered an exercise. It was! And apparently three hours of standing burns about 700 calories! Overall the night was very rewarding and I just wanted to share! I know there are lots of people out there less fortunate than I and I hope that my donations will help some families out this holiday season! :heart:

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Last night was the Toys for Tots Guitar Jam at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC. It was absolutely FABULOUS! I had a blast seeing Carolina Rain, Lee Brice (he winked at me!), Jason Michael Carroll, Darryl Worley, and Leann Womack! In ticket sales alone over $10,000 was raised to help children in western NC have a very merry Christmas. That's not even counting t-shirt sales and the money raised from the auction. And as if that wasn't good enough, the Orange Peel has no seating. So for the three hour concert I was standing and dancing the whole time. When I got home, I got on MFP and checked to see if standing was considered an exercise. It was! And apparently three hours of standing burns about 700 calories! Overall the night was very rewarding and I just wanted to share! I know there are lots of people out there less fortunate than I and I hope that my donations will help some families out this holiday season! :heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    are you in Asheville? - stupid question - I looked at your profile - we are really close to each other!
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!! And what a great way to burn calories while doing something good for someone else...

Chrissy I am in Asheboro lol...probably a ways a way from you and Suzie...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!