Oatmeal Calories

Options
Hi, this morning I got a cup of oatmeal from the cafeteria at my college, and MFP is saying it was 250-300 calories! is that right??? thanks!

Replies

• YogaBooty
    Options
    Hi, this morning I got a cup of oatmeal from the cafeteria at my college, and MFP is saying it was 250-300 calories! is that right??? thanks!
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    yep, sounds about right:flowerforyou:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this site says about 147.

http://www.calorieking.com
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    it depends on how much you ate. Was it instant or kind you have to cook? I eat the Quaker Oats (1/2 Cup), the kind in the red, white and blue box every morning. For 1/2 cup it is 150 calories. Also, did you put milk and sugar in it. That will add to the calories as well.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    1 cup cooked would be about a half cup dry so its probably more like 150 provided you didn't add sugar of flavoring to it. The instant ones with all the sugar are much worse for you! I like mine with some cinnamon and a few raisins!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. I add about 1/4 cup of 1% milk to make it more "creamy" then I sprinkle it with some cinnamon:love: YUM!!
  • YogaBooty
    Options
    I'm really not sure, the extreme downfall of eating in a cafeteria :(

I know its unsweetened, and I'm guessing its made with water since I'm lactose intolerant and i've never had a problem after eating it :wink:

It's a cup cooked, I use the ladle to portion it so it's definately only one cup cooked, is calorieking an accurate source?

thanks!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    1/2 dry is 1 cup cooked..150 calories...I eat a bowl everyday.
  • YogaBooty
    Options
    okay thanks!