Pesto Grilled Chicken

Options
Does anyone have a EASY and I stress Easy (cuz I can't cook) recipe for Pesto Chicken.
I had some pesto chicken on wrap the other day.. it was to die for.

Replies

• sharper43
    sharper43 Posts: 109
    Options
    bump
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    You can buy pesto in a jar in the spaghetti sauce aisle. Bake chicken breast for about 20-25 minutes and cut up into slices and toss with pesto sauce. Easy!

Or even easier, buy the chicken already cooked, I think tyson or perdue have the slices of chicken. I believe in the deli meat section or in the prepared meals within the meat area.
  • KeishaCParker
    Options
    @shalma.. Thank you so much.. Im try it tomorrow.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    yum. gonna have to try that recipe
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I found this below on the Rachel Ray website. I am going to try this next weekend.

PESTO GRILLED CHICKEN PACKETS

Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2-1/4 pounds)
    Salt and pepper
    1 cup pesto (see below)
    2 zucchini, thinly sliced
    4 plum tomatoes, chopped
    8 scallions, trimmed

II. Chicken Directions:
    Preheat a grill to medium. Cut four 12-inch-long sheets of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into the center of each sheet.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay 1 piece of chicken in the center of each sheet and spread 1 tablespoon pesto on top.

Mound one-quarter of the zucchini, tomatoes and scallions over each chicken breast. Dollop 3 tablespoons pesto over each mound. Fold the foil over the chicken and vegetables; pinch the edges to seal.

Cover and grill the packets over indirect heat for 25 minutes. Remove from the grill and open carefully

Pesto Ingredients:

2 cups basil leaves
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/3 cup pine nuts
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    Salt and pepper

I. Pesto Directions:
    Using a food processor, finely chop the basil and garlic. Add the parmesan and pine nuts and pulse into a coarse paste. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.)
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A way to lower the calories of the pesto is to cut the olive oil down and use good chicken broth instead. Don't cut the oil out entirely...use a couple of tablespoons to get the flavor. It really takes down the calorie number!

Also...you can use other combinations of greens (arugula, spinach, cilantro) and nuts (walnuts, pecans). I always use good parmigiano regianno, though! Can't beat the flavor!!!!
  • vdickens
    vdickens Posts: 11
    Options
    bump
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    omg bump.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Chicken pesto pita pizza

spread 2 tbsp Classico Pesto sauce on a whole wheat pita
    cook chicken breast / or use left overs. (sometimes I even use canned chicken that i rinsed off)
    spread chicken over the pita.

I always add feta cheese and tomatoes. Sometimes i add artichoke hearts, bell peppers or olives. Once i added broccoli.

Place on a cooking pan and place in oven on about 350 for 10-15 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it,)

This is FULL of flavour and each pizza is around 375-500 calories depending on what you add and how much. Eat it with a nice salad and you have a gteat meal.
  • dee388
    dee388 Posts: 1
    Options
    ive never had chicken pesto before but have always read it and seen it on menus... always wanted to make it jus never have... this recipe sounds really good and im always up for getting in the kitchen and trying new things ive never made before...scary part is what if i dont like it? lol.
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All these ideas look yum, the chicken with pesto from the jar is a simple solution to easy meals when you get home from work and dont have a lot of time.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds really good. I will be trying this recipes. Thanks for sharing.