Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
You've probably all heard it, but apple cider vinegar drastically increased my metabolism. I started with 1 teaspoon in 8 oz. of water, but have worked my way up to 1/4 cup in 32 ounces of water. I carry this cup around all the time to make sure I drink what I need to.

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    so it really does work??
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, does it work and how does it work?
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I have actually heard that apple cider vinegar is conducive to weight loss. Just somehow the thought of downing even a small bit of vinegar calls my acid reflux to protest! But hey, I will try it and keep my Pepcid AC close at hand!!
  • dlange64
    dlange64 Posts: 15
    Options
    so, what are the benefits of apple cider vinegar?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Does it taste terrible? I would be willing to give it a try!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    it helps restore natural ph balance to your digestive track (i was told) . i use 1 to 3 tblsps a day (but the most benefit come from unpasteurized, like Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother included).

For me though i use it often in place of salt... i tried drinking it in water and it makes me sick... but used as a 'condiment' drizzled over veg, eggs, soup, in sauces etc... it is delicious!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump... so it helps you lose more weight faster?
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    If you drink it with water you have to be careful. It can interfere with medications. I would talk to a doctor before starting it. Also, it can cause throat irritation. It is believed to help with joints and acid reflux. It suppresses hunger and kick starts your metabolism. I just started it and it's working so far! Someone I know has done it for 3 months and she has lost 30 lbs.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It does work, but is really difficult to swallow. I usually plug my nose, shoot it and then drink 8 oz. of water right afterwards. :tongue:
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    If you drink it with water you have to be careful. It can interfere with medications. I would talk to a doctor before starting it. Also, it can cause throat irritation. It is believed to help with joints and acid reflux. It suppresses hunger and kick starts your metabolism. I just started it and it's working so far! Someone I know has done it for 3 months and she has lost 30 lbs.

If it helps with joints this can benefit me. Does any ACV work or does it have to be a special kind/brand, organic, etc?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I have actually heard that apple cider vinegar is conducive to weight loss. Just somehow the thought of downing even a small bit of vinegar calls my acid reflux to protest! But hey, I will try it and keep my Pepcid AC close at hand!!

If you just take a shot glass of vinegar it should resolve your acid reflux. I read it in a home remedy book and it actually worked. The acid in the vinegar is suppose to give the stomach acid somethign to work on, seeing how your body is producing too much acid, causing the acid reflux.
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    Unpasteurized, like Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother included
  • kdonkin
    kdonkin Posts: 10
    Options
    I use it to make salad dressing with flax oil. It's very addictive!
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Where do you get it??
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

If it helps with joints this can benefit me. Does any ACV work or does it have to be a special kind/brand, organic, etc?

It needs to be the raw, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (looks like a brown spider web floating in it). Braggs and Spectrum are the two brands I know that are raw and unfiltered.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

If you just take a shot glass of vinegar it should resolve your acid reflux. I read it in a home remedy book and it actually worked. The acid in the vinegar is suppose to give the stomach acid somethign to work on, seeing how your body is producing too much acid, causing the acid reflux.

Yes, it balances the acid in the stomach.........When people have acid reflux it often helps to control the amount of bread because the yeast in it.
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great reply! I know it's working great for me.
  • nitarongish
    Options
    I would not use anything but Bragg's brand, just a personal preference. You do need to make sure the "mother" is in it though. Bragg's is a trusted brand. If you would like to learn about it, I would google it, there's so much info on the internet about it.:wink:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    What about in pill form?
  • nitarongish
    Options
    Health food stores generally sell it , but I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Dillon's stores. Wal-Mart is cheaper though, I like to buy it by the gallon...costs even less. Our health food store sells it by the gallon, Bragg's, and is about $17.00, Dillon's sells it for 32 oz. for $3.79. If you put it in water, just work yourself into it slowly, like vinegar, it's stout.