what workout dvd do you recommend??

Options
Well i am seriously wanting to start a workout regiment on dvd but i have not done my research. I currently walk outdoors and treadmill and chase after 3 kids but that's about it....can you tell me what you like and a brief description? Thanks :) BTW i need to lose weight and tone, so whatever is doable but i definitely want to take part in something that I am going to see results.

Replies

• rebeccalippett
    rebeccalippett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiya. Where are you? UK or the states? I can definitely reccommend any of the Jillian Michaels DVD's. Her "30 day Shred" claims to get you ripped in 30 days in just 20 minutes a day! So it's great to squeeze in when you're on short on time. I used to do it before my bath or shower every day. Also, her 6 week 6 pack is a killer as well and only 30 minutes long. They're tough but they get results and are available globally so you should be able to find them on Amazon wherever you are!

Good luck! xxx
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I can reccommend P90x. It's worth the money and the effort. I have never felt better, even though I have been working out a LOT in my life. P90x seems the right mixture of cardio and strength training for me. Together with it's nutrition plan I am having great results from P90x.
    BUT: you'll have to calculate an hour of workout every day + sensible cooking, and food preperation (wich actually is the most effective part of P90x)
  • babyru527
    babyru527 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey, i am in the us. do i need weights or anything? Thanks for responding so fast!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred as well. It is simple movements to follow but very challenging. I love it!!!
  • babyru527
    babyru527 Posts: 27
    Options
    as far as p90x goes, what do i need to buy for equipment? is there a beginner version how does it work?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and loving it; it's 35-45 minutes 5X a week and for me schedule-wise, it's very doable. You do need weights, or you can use the band that you get with the program. Anything that's high intensity interval training (like P90X) will work. Good luck!:smile:
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have tried "walking off the pounds", that was a good cardio workout. It is walking in place with times when you add different arm movements, types of steps and light weights. It was fun and hard work. :tongue: I also tried "Zumba", that is a lot of fun as well. These beautiful dance/excercise moves are broken down into digestable steps and got me moving inways I haven't done in almost 20 years! I only tried it once for a class, but wuld like to do more because it was fun and I need to work up my stamina to do it well.:tongue: someone the other day suggested renting different ones to try on netflix so you know what you want to buy, or to just give yourself a variety to switch up your workout.
  • Fineraziel
    Fineraziel Posts: 140
    Options
    I tried and liked Jillian Michaels' DVDS : 30-Day-Shred (20 minutes cardio + strength training), Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (50 minutes pure cardio), No More Trouble Zones (50 minutes cardio + strength training). For strength training, you will need some dumbells (3 lbs if you are a beginner). And you will need a mat to lay on to do crunches and such. Have fun! :)
  • artvandalay
    Options
    I have 3 kids as well, so I have a hard time finding time to work out at home. I try to find videos that don't need alot of time. Right now I am running/walking on the treadmill one day, and doing 30 Day Shred the next. Shred only takes around 25 minutes. I want to pick up something new so I don't get bored with Shred, so I will probably pick up Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones (which I think is closer to 45 minutes) , 6 Weeks Abs one, or try a Jackie Warner DVD. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you need some support!

EDIT: Oh yeah, you will need handweights for Shred. You can find them at Target/Walmart. I alternate using 3 lbs ones and 5 lbs ones. I also use an exercise mat on the floor.
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    Jillian michaels does not require weights.

I don't know about the other.

I also love 30 day shred. Of all of her workouts, it's still my favorite.

Most of the home workouts these days are non-gym workouts which are killer... And don't require any equipment. However light handweights or soup cans, jugs of milk?