Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

estimating nutritional info for a cupcake

Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
More specifically the Heath Bar cupcake from Sweet:

http://www.sweetbyholly.com/cupcakes.php

I'm thinking around 400-500 kcal, but I'm not completely sure.

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Can you contact them and ask? If nothing else, if you had the ingredients and amounts you could put it in the recipe tool on here.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I would saw that is a pretty good guess.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I would quick add 500 cals.

And I just have to say I am glad that place is not near me because they all look SO FREAKIN GOOD!!!!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Based on the "gourmet" individual cupcakes at the supermarket I checked out recently (since smaller cupcakes places use similar amounts of frosting and they're about the same size, but don't have nutritional info) you're probably looking at 500-600. The ones that were just cupcake and frosting were 450-550 and the ones that added candy and other stuff on top of the frosting ranged from about 500-600. So, given the Heath Bar addition, I'd go higher.

I'd looked because I was considering picking up a cupcake from my favorite little bakery, but then decided not to. lol
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    I'd guess 550 plus, because buttercream is loaded with calories.

To anyone thinking of choosing this because of the word "health bar" in its description, beware!
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    To anyone thinking of choosing this because of the word "health bar" in its description, beware!

I'm thinking it is Heath Bar (like the candy bar) - not Health Bar =0)

Also - maybe weight it if possible and then you can estimate the calories better
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Oh, my mistake - never heard of a "heath bar" so read it as health. :D
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    i wish cupcakes were lower in calories - i love them and they are my favourite bakery treat :(
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Oh, my mistake - never heard of a "heath bar" so read it as health. :D

=0)

Yes - it is a yummy chocolate covered toffee bar - like skore bars
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Hello,

Could not find any information for the cupcake you had but I found some info. for 2 from other bakeries and all I can say is WOW!!!!
    Here's what I found:
    a 6.5-ounce vanilla cupcake (from the famed New York Crumbs bakery) has 780 calories, 107 grams of carbs and nearly 36 grams of fat. Magnolia (another famous New York bakery) sells a 3-ounce cupcake with 389 calories, 52 grams of carbs and almost 19 grams of fat.