Should i worry?

Options
hi everyone how are you? i am currently on another site very similar to this one (I'm using up the last months i have paid for) instead of giving you 1200 cals it gives me 1400 but doesn't add any more for excercise. anyway i know i don't eat enough but i found a page that shows your weeks view and it said total 2600cals under target for the week with a massive green tick next to it. so is that bad to be so under or is it ok?

also am i the only person who obsesses about food all the time? my oh keeps saying i have a problem as if we go anywere like McDonald's i will go without food. but in the next breath he calls me fat. i know I'm fat but at least I'm changing that.

sorry for rambling I'm just confused

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would mostly be worried about my partner referring to me as "fat".
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I would mostly be worried about my partner referring to me as "fat".
    ditto
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    For most average sized people, 1200 is a minimum calorie intake for a day- Net minimum meaning that if you eat 1200 and then burn 1200 through exercise, you are at 0 (and therefore might want to eat more food).

You goal according to MFP depends on your activity setting and your goal loss for each week- not everyone here is on a 1200 goal. Perhaps your other site assumes you have a slightly active job/lifestyle or it has you set for a different weight loss goal.

There is a huge debate about exercise calories and eating them back or not. I eat mine. Some people eat half and some people eat none of them. I eat most of them back most of the time and I've lost nearly 50 lbs.

I think about food a good portion of the time as well, it is currently one of my goals to eat healthy and lose weight so I think that is reasonable.

However, if you can't avoid going someplace like McDonalds, it is best to make a healthy choice there or bring along some food you would be happy with. This is a lifestyle change you hope to maintain, and MFP is my FITness pal- eating is a part of healthy life. Skipping meals isn't a healthy habit, and likely not one you can maintain.

On a final note, it sounds like your significant other is not supportive and is actually quite hurtful. I would think about addressing it with them or DTMFA (As Dan Savage says, dump that ** Already). someone calling you fat also isn't apart of a healthy relationship or a healthy lifestyle. You deserve much better.
  • himitsusj
    himitsusj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Like the other people have said, my first and most immediate concern would be with your significant other calling you fat. That sort of negative image promotion is not something that should be happening in a relationship where your partner is supporting you. (As an aside, from your picture at least, I also think you shouldn't be calling yourself fat. Wanting to lose weight is admirable; putting yourself down in the process isn't the best way to reinforce that, and you look beautiful.)

Addressing the more immediate issue: one of the reasons I switched from CalorieCount to mfp is because I felt that mfp was much more customizable to each person. The site you're using may possibly have a generic calorie amount it gives to a person based only on weight and height, without other factors. That being said, you should be sure you net at least 1200 calories a day to fuel your body; less than that is kind of damaging. But don't think that you have to eat mcdonald's just to make your s.o. happy! Like another commenter suggested, either pick a healthy-eating option off their menu or bring something along with.

I think you're doing great with your goals so far. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I would never call my wife fat! One of the biggest motivators in dieting is the recognition you get from people around you that you are losing weight and looking 'healthier'. You shoulod also not use other management sites/methods at the same time, it will only confuse you, its a bit like using differenet scales, at different times of day. Stick to the same plan, weigh once a week, same scales, same time. If your husband calls you fat, tell him hes rubbish in bed and has a small p***s! He will then know how you feels to be insulted by a loved one!!!