Hip pain/lower leg numbness

Options
So I've had pain in my right hip which seems to be interconnected with numbness in the lower right leg. This only happens while running. It's been going on for a few months. I decided to push through it initially. Then I went on vacation for a week and was super lazy and didn't get back to working out for a full week after that. So I had 2 full weeks of rest. Went back to the gym, pain still there. And worse. I have an appointment to see the doctor in a week, but curious if anyone has an idea what this could be? Any solutions? Waiting a week is killing me!!

Thanks in advance for any help, my lovelies.

Replies

• KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sounds like either a pinched nerve or could be sciatic nerve pain. Hope the doc can figure out for you so you have pain free running.
  • marybecker
    marybecker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to try yoga. the stretching really helps!
  • karaklj
    karaklj Posts: 26
    Options
    I hope you get answers soon too I got some disc that act up so I do elliptical more now no -impact I did see a doc and do have a pinched nerve.

I like the yoga suggestion I will look into that myself thanks for sharing Hope you have more comfortable workouts soon.
  • knovak77
    knovak77 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try getting an appointment with a physical therapist who has experience with sports medicine. It sounds similar to a problem I have with my SI joint sliding out of place. One of the things that helps me is to lay on my back with a tennis ball (sometimes 2) under me. Initially it hurts but eventually the muscles relax and the pain goes away.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have degenerative disk disease in my lower back and have numbness in my hips/legs because of it. I'm not saying that's what you have, but it's probably a good thing you're getting checked out. If nothing else, there's a very good chance it could be sciatic nerve pain that was mentioned aleady.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Any kind of pins and needles numbness that lasts that long will probably earn you an MRI and possible visit to a neurologist (if your GP is any good that is). Could be nothing, but it's always good to have a neuro look you over when stuff like this is going on.