20lb weight loss by June 21st goal UPDATE

Options
Hey all! Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday weekend.
So here is a few questions that people have asked me.

Can I weigh in on a diffrent day IE- saturdays or sundays?
Ya sure you can weigh in then but plese do not post your weight loss till monday . So say that you take it on saturday and you lost 3lbs. Wait till Monday to post it on the feed so it does not get confusing for everyone.

Also I am thinking whoever sticks with this will be put in a raffle for a $10 amazon gift card. I will buy it. I think this would help motivate people as well. Let me know what you guys think about this. :wink:

This is how I am wating it to look

Name: Melissa sn mbowman323
Current weight :210
Weight loss :???
Only ___ more lbs to go!

I will be posting a new topic tonight at midnight.
So be on the look out for DAY ONE STARTING WEIGHT JUNE 21ST CHALLANGE.

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome. Tomorrow is the first weigh in day :) I'm excited for this challenge.
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What?? please explain why does it matter if you post your weight loss on the day you weigh yourself? As long as it's the same day every week and around the same time it's valid and doesn't affect reporting on MFP at all. You might have put weight on or lost weight by the Monday so it's not a true record.
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    sounds awesome! and Melissa, you are so kind for offering prize, thank you‼ :smile:
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    What?? please explain why does it matter if you post your weight loss on the day you weigh yourself? As long as it's the same day every week and around the same time it's valid and doesn't affect reporting on MFP at all. You might have put weight on or lost weight by the Monday so it's not a true record.

Well, for a chance to win the 10 dollar gift card and to keep track of it all. I know that you can put on a lb or 2 (mostly water weight) by one day but the challange ask for Monday weigh ins :) You could always get back on the scale and see....

Also I am not asking for people to add this to the MFP report only if they wish...

We are all in this together and I want to make it fair for everyone...

If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave your input. Or if this isn't the challange for you then that's ok and best luck with your goals :)
  • mbowman323
    Options
    sounds awesome! and Melissa, you are so kind for offering prize, thank you‼ :smile:

You are welcome and thanks :smile:
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 57gemini
    57gemini Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You said weigh in on Monday, I think that's when we should weigh in. I think everyone needs to go by the honor system so if someone weighs themselves on Saturday and on Monday they weigh again and they've gained, go by Monday's weight.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yay! I am so excited! So tomorrow we weigh in! This is my 1st challenge. I am sure we will all do great
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. And thank you for the raffle, that's so sweet!
  • travishein
    Options
    I like the idea of the $10 amazon gift card raffle. Ill even chip in an additional $10 gift card myself to go into that pot for the raffle thing. (so that it's a $20 gift card for the winner.. woot! right)

I mean if we do end up with doing that that is.
  • sofabolousx3
    Options
    that sounds great! i'm nervous about the weigh in tomorrow because i have definitely been splurging on food today. lol, btw, Happy Easter everyone.

p.s. add me. new friends are always great. :)
  • myranda2888
    myranda2888 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? If not, I'm totally in:) If so, then good luck to everyone:)
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Are we posting our starting weights tomorrow or actual weight loss? If its weight loss I have no idea what I weighed last Monday so that will be hard.
  • mak112388
    mak112388 Posts: 50
    Options
    this sounds good to me =)
  • mbowman323
    Options
    bump

do what???
  • dlrandolph
    Options
    They enter "bump" so that it will show up in "my topics". It always them to keep up with the posts for this group.
  • dlrandolph
    Options
    that sounds great! i'm nervous about the weigh in tomorrow because i have definitely been splurging on food today. lol, btw, Happy Easter everyone.

p.s. add me. new friends are always great. :)

I've been doing bad all weekend so I'm expecting a gain for this first week, but I'm trying to do extra exercising to work it off.

DLRandolph
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bumping moves the post up so it stays current. I'd like to join in as well. Just to clarify, you'll start the thread tonight @ midnight and if we want in, we just sign in w/ our stats and weight.
    Will you be calculating % of weight lost to determine the winner or just total lbs lost, or is it the first one to 20lbs lost?
    Thanks for clarifying!
  • mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is it to late for me to join??? :flowerforyou:
  • mbowman323
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? If not, I'm totally in:) If so, then good luck to everyone:)

No the more the better :) I am going to say the cut off is 12 am Monday morning just to be fair for everyone who has already joined