Have no energy and therefor lack motivation

Options
I've been doing so awesome. Gym everyday eating GREAT and losing weight like crazy.

Well I've been on Paxil for years a very high dose. Well last week I missed a few days because I kept forgetting to get it refilled.
Now my body is readjusting to it again and it's taking all my energy which also unmotivates me. I've still made it to the gym but I have to push really hard.

What can I do for more energy or motivation

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been doing so awesome. Gym everyday eating GREAT and losing weight like crazy.

Well I've been on Paxil for years a very high dose. Well last week I missed a few days because I kept forgetting to get it refilled.
    Now my body is readjusting to it again and it's taking all my energy which also unmotivates me. I've still made it to the gym but I have to push really hard.

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

hang tight....your body will adjust as the Paxil begins to take effect again, I think the lack of energy is not due to you going back on the Paxil as it is the effects of being off it a few days

...it's amazing how with only a few days of certain drugs what a difference it can make going off them too quickly, unfortunately I got myself in the same boat by running out of Lexapro...the first couple days..no biggee....last night? OMG...I was losing my mind, couldn't sleep, my skin was crawling, my head was itchy....crazy! But now that I restarted it today I imagine my withdrawel symptoms will lessen as the drug kicks back in again.

Lexapro...and I believe if I'm correct Paxil is has a short shelf life meaning you need to taper off them slowly (well, who can do that when you forget to pick them up from the drug store etc...etc...since that's never a planned thing...lol) so the effects aren't so dramatic when being off them for a few days
    but then all of a sudden...POOF you're really feeling the effects of the withdrawel and then going back on them full force when in the past you'd worked your way up slowly to the high dosage you mentioned you take...our bodies have to adjust a bit.....

So I think you'll find yourself back to the point you were at soon, just give yourself some time to readjust to the dosage and being back on them again.

hth:huh: :drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I want some Lexipro and ummmmmmm Paxil :laugh: Half our office staff is on Lexipro. I hear it really helps in stressful situations.......I could use some of that :wink: I told my boss we should just put a vending machine with Lexpro, Prozac, Zanex.......but he won't go for it......What's up with that? dunno.gif

But seriously.......I've been lacking motivation too...I'm not on any type of prescription but I'm definately lacking. I let my body rest and thought I could jump back in after rested up.....That hasn't worked either:ohwell: So I guess I'll just force myself and suffer through it. Hopefully the motivation will come back. I know stress can wear your body down. So maybe that's my problem :ohwell: :grumble:

Are you under a lot of stress? That can really wear your body down and make you feel unmotivated. :yawn:

Hope you feel better and more motivated soon :flowerforyou:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options

hang tight....your body will adjust as the Paxil begins to take effect again, I think the lack of energy is not due to you going back on the Paxil as it is the effects of being off it a few days

...it's amazing how with only a few days of certain drugs what a difference it can make going off them too quickly, unfortunately I got myself in the same boat by running out of Lexapro...the first couple days..no biggee....last night? OMG...I was losing my mind, couldn't sleep, my skin was crawling, my head was itchy....crazy! But now that I restarted it today I imagine my withdrawel symptoms will lessen as the drug kicks back in again.

Lexapro...and I believe if I'm correct Paxil is has a short shelf life meaning you need to taper off them slowly (well, who can do that when you forget to pick them up from the drug store etc...etc...since that's never a planned thing...lol) so the effects aren't so dramatic when being off them for a few days
    but then all of a sudden...POOF you're really feeling the effects of the withdrawel and then going back on them full force when in the past you'd worked your way up slowly to the high dosage you mentioned you take...our bodies have to adjust a bit.....

So I think you'll find yourself back to the point you were at soon, just give yourself some time to readjust to the dosage and being back on them again.

hth:huh: :drinker:

I am soooo glad I'm not the only one that does this. I was in the same boat as you. The third day I went crazy. I was having really bad widthdrawls. Every emotion in the world was going threw my head and body. I wanted to die. Don't think I'll miss them again