NSV- 5km & 236lbs !!!!

Options
jam3114
jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
For anyone who ever doubts what they can achieve - anything is possible!!!!

I can honestly say that I had all but given up and at the start of April I'd decided to start back being good!!! I got back into MFP and befriended other MFP'ers and gave this a shot. I have to say a big thanks to all my MFP friends for all their support and words of encouragement. For anyone who hasn't befriended anyone yet DO it really changed my outlook on this whole journey.

My non scale victory is completing my first 5km run this morning and finished in 32.14 mins and yes I weigh 236lbs
I know running isn't for everyone but it works for me and my next goal is a 10km along with getting rid of some lbs :happy:

I hope everyone has a happy Easter

Replies

• Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is so Awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • artvandalay
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it going! I'm hoping to do a 5K later this year
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sounds almost like me. I am a little under 236 now and also ran my first 5 k (in a while) about a month ago. Good for you. Proud of you.
  • loriehawkins1990
    loriehawkins1990 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is AWESOME!!!!! My goal is to run my first 5K this year, thanks for the added inspiration & motivation!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, I'm very happy for you!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Impressive!!!!! I am VERY proud of you!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    that is awesome and the time is great. I will be running my first 5k in about 3 weeks and am nervous.
    congratz!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory! I love hearing from people like you who've been able to tackle the 5K before losing all your weight - it gives me hope that I'm following right behind you in your shoes!
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    that is awesome...i have done my third and weight is lower than yours but not by much......feels good and sometimes i can run half and walk the other due to bad knee but it is awesome... good luck in your journey........
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    YAY!!!!!
    smiley-happy105.gif
    Good for you!!!! I just joined a running class and can't run a quarter mile without stopping. I'm the fattest, slowest person in the class and that is very hard for me, but hearing other people's successes helps me to believe I might be able to do it.

Thanks for sharing & CONGRATULATIONS!
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Congradulations!!! All I can say is I'm inspired!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    very very nice!! the first very is for posting such a small post and getting right to the point :bigsmile: the other is for kicking *kitten* on your 5K in excellent time, your an inspiration to us all :happy: keep up the great work!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on the 5K!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone

Shonasteele - keep at it - I couldn't run a mile but now I'm up to 4 - when my head is in the game that is
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    For anyone who ever doubts what they can achieve - anything is possible!!!!

I can honestly say that I had all but given up and at the start of April I'd decided to start back being good!!! I got back into MFP and befriended other MFP'ers and gave this a shot. I have to say a big thanks to all my MFP friends for all their support and words of encouragement. For anyone who hasn't befriended anyone yet DO it really changed my outlook on this whole journey.

My non scale victory is completing my first 5km run this morning and finished in 32.14 mins and yes I weigh 236lbs
    I know running isn't for everyone but it works for me and my next goal is a 10km along with getting rid of some lbs :happy:

I hope everyone has a happy Easter

that's great and very inspiring. congrats!!
  • Imeldad
    Imeldad Posts: 1
    Options
    I sure wish I could run. I'm so out of shape that I can barely walk any distance. I'm going to work on that! I think you ought to be really proud of yourself!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!