Yet another newbie

godzillaeyes
godzillaeyes Posts: 5 Member
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
So...well, I can't really say that I've roller-coastered because I've never even been disciplined enough to lose enough to gain back. I've just steadily gained from the time I was in middle school. The only exception was six years ago when I found out I had a heart defect and needed open heart surgery. At the same time, I dumped my boyfriend (who was not good for me) and gained a new boyfriend (who was), and my eating habits changed through a combo of recovering from surgery and a different diet/routine. I lost 40lbs through no real effort. Now it's back with another 10lbs tacked on. I've tried other calorie counting programs in the past - they didn't help because I exceed my limit by a few hundred every day and didn't have the willpower to change that.

I'm 37 years old, I've always been "fat but healthy" up until now. My blood pressure has skyrocketed in the past few months, I've entered the pre-diabetic range of blood sugar, and I don't want to continue this trend. If anyone wants to friend me, please feel free. I could use all the support and accountability I can get! I think I need to lose 80-100lbs...it's gonna be a long road!

Replies

• roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    You can do it hun...........this is a great place for support. Add me if you want and maybe we can support eachother. Lord knows I need all the suport I can get too...lol :)
  • godzillaeyes
    godzillaeyes Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks roxanne90, and everyone else who has added me. :) I will try my best to be a positive motivation to others, as well as to myself!
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on the new attitude and ambition. I too started with 80 pounds to lose. Friend request on the way :)
This discussion has been closed.