not losing any weight :[

Options
So my goal is 1,270 calories a day. I drink 6-7 cups of water a day [i know i still need to drink more] I've been under my calories every single day since March 7th. I've lost 13 pounds but now i'm stuck 2-3 pounds up or down and i have been for 3 weeks now. It's really frustrating! I go to the gym 2-5 days a week. At the gym i do the elliptical, swim and lift weights. and when i don't go to the gym, I walk and do zumba. I exercise between 45 minutes & an hour and a half everyday. I have started to eat my calories back after exercising. and i make sure my net is between 1100 and 1200.

My food diary is open!
Please give me some suggestions?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    You diary does not seem open to me. No idea what you could change.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged..... hang in there with the exercise and the logging. After looking at your diary I would suggest watching the sugar and trying to drink more water.

Try to eat more veggies... there are some veggies out there that are "super foods" that can really help you with weightloss.

Your doing great staying at or under, and your exercise is fabulous! Don't forget you are building lean muscle which weighs more than fat.

Try taking your measurements..... you might be surprised to have lost inches instead of weight lately.
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to eat more, actually. If you are working out 2-5 times a week and only eating 1250 cals a day that doesn't seem enough
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    I work out every day, but i eat my exercise calories back. so normally i'm eating between 1400 and 1900 a day because i burn a lot!
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your body has gotten used to your exercise routine. Have you thought of changing it up. Add some weight training into the mix 3 times a week. Trainers will tell you to switch things up. Hope that helps.
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Have you tried shaking things up a little? It's possible your body is used to what you've been doing, so it's hanging on instead of letting go. Maybe you should try changing something in your diet--like zig-zagging your calories, or just having one big day where you go over. I swear, this has helped me break through plateaus...and I'm the queen of plateaus. Or, try doing something different with your workouts--high intensity intervals, maybe a few days' break from intense cardio....something. It's funny how changing things up, eating more, working out less, etc. can actually sometimes be the key to pushing you out of that plateau. Regardless, remember that you are healthier with the changes you are making, even if the scale isn't moving at the speed you think it should. :flowerforyou:
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    from last Sunday to today your under by 1140 or so, I would try more cardio and try and stay under a bit more, I average about 500-800 a day under to keep losing big numbers. so if you stay under 300-500 you should be good I think, thats like 1 hour of hard cardio every other day
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I am no dietician, but looking at your food diary I think you need more "good calories" and dump some of the "empty calories"
    The chippies, raisins, sweet candy bars (well most of it anyway) These things gives you a sugar rush - but does nothing to help you stay full - or help building your muscle - which you need to burn fat.

Your total carbs seems a bit high - and your protein too low...

Personally I also try and balance the number of calories accross my 3 main meals more evenly (300 to 400) per meal rather than some high and some low...

With all the exercise you do I suspect you need more protein - and to help with the sugar cravings buld up on more vegetables....

It will be interesting to see you track your sugar - rather than the fibre....

If you want to read a great book get The New Rules of Lifting for Women, by Lou Schuler..... he explains in a lot more detail what a good balanced diet - and excercise programme looks like....
  • n0pants3ver
    Options
    I've been trying to get more protein into my diet. It's hard when you're a vegetarian and hate peanut butter, nuts, don't eat meat etc.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I would second dfairall - looking at your food calories, you seem to be eating a lot of sugary/junk calories, and you really aren't getting much protein. It looks like you may be a vegetarian? That's great, but you really have to make sure you are getting enough healthy vegetable proteins, not just avoiding meat by eating junk food. You need protein throughout the day, not just at dinner. There are lots of great sources on the web for balanced, healthy vegetarian meals. Nuts, seeds, and beans are great sources of protein. If you are not vegetarian, try adding in more lean meats (fish, chicken), and non-starchy vegetables (salads, broccoli, peppers, asparagus, etc...). Also, your breakfast and dinner look good, but your lunch does not look very healthy/substantial at all - you need to eat more earlier in the day, when you are going to be active and less later, when you are winding down for the day.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get more protein into my diet. It's hard when you're a vegetarian and hate peanut butter, nuts, don't eat meat etc.

You've found some meat replacements (Quorn, etc...) - maybe try using some of the other replacements like ground 'meat' crumbles and veggie sausage (Morningstar Farms), and modify regular meat recipes to use these ingredients. Also, experiment with things like quinoa (high protein grain, can be used in place of rice, like as a base for a stir-fry), chickpeas, hummus, beans, etc... Seriously, check out some vegetarian websites - they have some great recipes and hints for getting the nutrition you need - you're sure to find some things you do like if you see all the choices you have, and use some creativity. I'm a pescatarian (I'll eat fish/shellfish), and I love experimenting with veggie dishes - it's gotten so much easier with more convenience foods designed for vegetarians.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    oh yea, that is pretty tuff. I was a vegetarian for several years for health reasons. Add some seaweed, and legumes. You like beans right? Aduki beans are super high in fiber and protein and taste great with some boca crumbles and carrots. I recommend cooking them in a pressure cooker to drastically reduce cooking time. If you're an american shopper, you might find them listed as "small red beans" in the dry beans section of your local grocery store. Lentils are also super good for you and you can load them up with some veg stock, carrots, celery. If you absolutely have to, you can have them over some brown rice. Another thing that I used to make a lot is sunflower loaf - hey you said no nuts, and sunflower seeds are not a nut. Just really, research recipes on the internet. That's where I found most of my ideas when I was a vegetarian. It is absolutely possible to easily add more protein and fiber into your diet which will only make you a better vegetarian, and it will make your work outs more effective when you are getting the proper nutrition. If you're not going to get your protein in foods, consider having a muscle milk or other similar product after your work outs. That should also help.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    At a quick glance it looks kind of on the sweet side. Have you plugged in the sugar category just to check what it is?
  • n0pants3ver
    Options
    I don't like beans or nuts. That's why it's hard for me to get protein. I have qourn & boca burgers. I will definitely cut down on the "junk" and eat a lot more veggies & fruits. I might look into protein shakes also. thanks everyone.