Soft serve ice cream

Options
trishlambert
trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
I can't be trusted with a container of ice cream in the freezer, so I take care of my ice cream urge this way:

Unwrap one or two frozen fudge bars
Put into bowl and let soften approx 5 minutes
Take out sticks and break up with a spoon
Add 1 tablespoon of Nutella, peanut butter, or other nut butter
Beat with beater to mix in butter and create "soft serve" texture.

Enjoy!

The Nutella or butter helps give the ice cream the kind of "mouth feel" that we love with this frozen treat.

Depending on the brand of bar and how many you use, this comes to between 200 and 300 calories.

I also use Weight Watcher's giant frozen latte bars to have coffee ice cream instead of chocolate. There are probably other low cal frozen bars that can be turned into soft serve treats!!!

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Great idea.

If you chop up bananas and freeze them solid then run them through a food processor they turn into the consistency of soft serve. You can add nutella or peanut butter if you like.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A McDonalds Ice cream cone only has 150 calories and 4 grams of fat. It is my ice cream of choice!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    sounds good, but I just simply don't buy it.....no one in the house should be eating it.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound good to me... If I'm going to spend 200-300 calories on something, I want the real thing. So I buy the single serving ice cream cups from Ben and Jerry's (among others) and then I can only have one serving because that's all that's in there. They are between 200 and 300 calories and are heavenly.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Have you ever seen how few (comparatively) calories a fourth of a tub of light cool whip has? I'd say just freeze it and add some cocoa powder to it. X-D
  • jamebugg
    jamebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat this regularly, and also add fat free cool whip. I <3 peanut butter!! :love:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound good to me... If I'm going to spend 200-300 calories on something, I want the real thing. So I buy the single serving ice cream cups from Ben and Jerry's (among others) and then I can only have one serving because that's all that's in there. They are between 200 and 300 calories and are heavenly.

I'd have to agree ;-) I'm the same way, ice cream is my kryptonite....especially around TOM. I also cannot be trusted with a tub of ice cream. So as a once or twice a week treat, I go to Chick Fil A for the "ice dream" cone.... 170 cals and not as convenient as my kitchen, (and TONS better than Mickey D's ---but I've NEVER been a huge Mickey Ds fan anyway) but totally hits the spot ;-)
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow! Maybe it's because it's Monday morning, but did y'all REALLY have to vote on my post? If it doesn't sound good, just don't reply!

As long as we are being negative, the idea of freezing bananas and turning them into slush turns my stomach, and going to a fast food joint for ice cream is silly.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep my recipes to myself from now on.