Easter candy - did you splurge?

carpediem3
carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
For the most part this holiday weekend I done good. I didn't exercise near as much as I typically do, but I did I eat veggies, some fruit and had complete control over my portions.

I "screwed up" and had a mini cadbury egg late last night, and a sliver thin piece of moms pumpkin cake today. I'm all about indulging, so long as its done in moderation :)

BUT, heres my problem now... I have a 2.5oz solid chocolate sugar free bunny thats been staring at me since Friday - (Sugar free is my choice 99% of the time). I've had willpower not to touch it, til now. Its 8:20pm and NOTHING else sounds good. I'm also below my calorie goal for the day.

Should I nibble, or should I not. Grrr. Stupid cravings!

Just a vent. Hope everyone had a great Easter! :smile:

Replies

• saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    My advice: Break off some of it to nibble, and then put the rest away where it will tempt you less. You've got to enjoy yourself, but make sure you don't scarf the whole thing! Besides, chocolate tastes better when you slow down and enjoy it. ;-)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    I did really well, and my son's easter bunny still has ears!
  • I went absolutely crazy, and my body is now retaliating :/
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    IMO. Eat it! Everyone deserves one REALLY "bad day". It's just one day and tomorrow is a new one! I went all out...didn't even think I would log it, but I actually didnt do as bad as I thought! =]
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    take a look at my diary! I could puke right now.. and it would probably taste exactly like a reester bunny I ate so many of them!:sick:

Be nice to your body and take a little nibble!!!
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Gave up chocolate for Lent, but I think I've made up for it today. So yes, you could call it a splurge...or a full-on chocolate binge!!!
  • 5 reese eggs,a chocolate bunny,box of peeps,and two small bags of m&m's.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Sounds like overall you did pretty well :). I didn't get an easter basket or any easter candy, so I was actually pretty happy for that, and my eating has been pretty good for today so I'm satisfied. I haven't exercised today though and I think that's what really gets to me.

But I agree with you and I'm fine with indulging as long as it's in moderation, otherwise I end up binging at another time

It's up to you whether you want a piece of the chocolate or not though, and if you choose not to, put it up high where you can't reach it easily :)
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Didn't have any.... Just have to avoid the stores since it will be half off next couple days till sold out
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 406 Member
    I had 3 cadbury creme eggs that I worked into my calorie budget, but I've gone over a little beyond that. Easter is one of my favourite holidays, so I'm not feeling too bad about a little splurge. There's a big difference between eating extra chocolate for enjoyment, and just eating it (and feeling sick from it)! So long as you can pick one out from the other, you're in a good place for easter :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I had one cadbury creme egg today.

....although, earlier this week I ate way too much at work... it was EVERYWHERE. One of my coworkers husbands is a sales rep for M&M Mars, and every holiday she brings in massive quantities of chocolate of all different kinds, and I have NO WILLPOWER!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    I didn't but ohhh I wanted to
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    I was good I didn't eat one single piece of candy and only ate what I could log in my diary I still have a little over 400 cals left :)
  • my momma got me a dark chocolate small hallow bunny, and i stuck min ein the freezer.. one out of sight outta mind, 2. its hard so all i can do is suck on it, so a will savor it longer, and i cant go crazy and eat the whole thing in one sitting bc its so hard from the freezer, while im sucking on it id have time to think if its really worth it. But i did tear up some chocolate cupcakes with strawberry iceing..lol
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    I am feeling the error of my ways tonight. Alas! Well, tomorrow is a new day...I am not looking forward to the gym though. I always really struggle in my workout after overdoing the food. Stupid bunny!
  • I was good for my meals but I ate like 10,000 little hershey eggs.... agh.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    I only had a small piece of chocolate, but there is still time left in the day and I am sorrounded by chocolate. Hope I don't cave.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    i caved in and ate... guilty as charged but dang it was sooooo yummy. had it not be pms week i might have had more self control... and wouldnt you know that i cant find any calorie info on it either so i was guessing, made it over my calories cause i am sure i underestimated how many calories they really are...
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    I didn't but ohhh I wanted to and then I started to hallucinate candy wearing top hats and those cane things like the frog from the WB sanging its okay to amanda eat me and that was just the course
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    My brother made cupcakes and rice crispy treats with M&M's in them for easter (mainly for the kids). The dinner was at his wife's grandmother's house(I'm really close with her family as well) and they brought me back a plate. I ate only a small piece of ham, 6oz of turkey breast, and 2 pieces of corn on the cob and NO sweets. I think this is the best I've ever done on a holiday in my entire life. Needless to say, my dog ate very well.:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.