Vino and Me...

Options
I love wine.Chardonnay,Merlot come to mama! Glass or two after work(sometimes). Why dont they make diet vino???How to have it without ruining your diet!!!??? and let me tell you,one glass doesn't cut it.Help!Anybody there on the same boat with me????

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! (as I say, pouring myself another glass). Usually I either workout superhard to earn it, or eat superlight to fit it into my calories. Occasionally, like this weekend, I just say F it and enjoy my life, but I mostly try to fit it in...
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    ickkkk i tried to like wine...but i just cant stand the taste...unless im cooking with it...then for some reason i LOVE redwine...but only when cooking...lol
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I too like wine. And beer for that matter. A lot.
    So, I just work out extra hard. Weightloss is calories in, calories. out. Just make sure you burn what you're going to drink and you should be ok. Good luck!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain! it actually helps me to keep it to one glass a day when i have to log it ... it's like, hmmmm eat 100 cals of yummy food or one more glass of wine? i'll take the food!
  • Niceven
    Niceven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As with anything, it's all about moderation. Try a pinot noir, it's more of a sipping wine so it lasts longer and it tricks you into thinking you're having a good bit. My favs are the Bolla and the Robert Mondavi Private Selection, they're not too terribly expensive but still taste great.
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We may have to be "friends". I have lived in Sonoma County for 8 years now and I don't know the last time I had a "cocktail". Chard, Merlot, Pinot! AACK. I went dry my fisrt 14 days on MFP, but I guarantee my slower loss is due to the wine! I try to earn my wine calories. Balance. Good food paired with good wine...Why restrict yourself if you can find balance?

Cheers...just do it with balance!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    I cook with wine too...sometimes I even add it to the recipe;)
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like to save enough calories to enjoy my wine. Heck I will work out for my cocktail as well if I know we are going out to dinner. And don't forget to work out so you can enjoy some of the yummy fresh crusty bread AND dessert. Everything in moderation, then you don't feel deprived and this lifestyle change can work out for all of us!
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    No contest, I always leave room for wine (or if I don't, I don't beat myself up for having some...). Actually the only times I won't drink wine is if I'm too tired from my workout ;)
  • silver14200
    Options
    I rode my bike 15 miles today for one reason. There was this lovely Pinot Noir calling my name and it came with a great dinner...though a smaller dinner than I would have had pre MFP.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Hahah, absolutely! Read my signature! :) i have cut back on it since starting for sure, but my hubby and I LOVE nothing more than a good meal and a good bottle! I've recently discovered a very good Pinot from Chile, PKNT Silver (pronounced picante, like the salsa) OH goodness!! So balanced, so flavorful and soo smooth. So many Pinot Noirs are overly oaky or tart tannin-ey and can overpower a food. But at $12 a bottle its one of the better I've ever had.
  • polkataniec
    Options
    Thanks everyone.i'm behaving most days but I guess sometimes the glass of vine makes me feel good.The calories dont.I love the tips and will use them!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Waiting to open the bottle of Moscato.....not sure what I am waiting for, but I am waiting....lol
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    I can only do this in the summer with white wine, but adding seltzer water makes a nice spritzer. It's a harder balance to strike in the winter months.

I do find drinking wine makes me crave more food, so I have to be really careful.
  • polkataniec
    Options
    Pinot Noirs it is !!!Cheers everyone !
  • polkataniec
    Options
    I think beer is good too but I'm terrified of the "beer belly"syndrome,ha,ha so i dont drink it much.