Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello everyone

I am a 33 year old male, father of a 4 and 3 year old, husband, and IT professional.

I have gotten fat over the past 5 years. Really fat! I decided that I am not going to be fat anymore so I began to change that about a month ago. A friend of mine suggested this site to me and I am glad he did. I just joined but I can already tell it will be a nice tool.
So far I have been eating healthy and doing 45 minute cardio on the treadmill. (Fast walking uphill) I have also been doing some light weight lifting.

I will do my best to encourage others and be encouraged.

James

Replies

• traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on taking that first step forward!!!! Enjoy your journey to good health :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    Go James!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome. Good luck... this site is a great way to stay on track!
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Welcome welcome! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Good decision James! Feel free to add me, I'm in IT as well!
  • Jennkidz
    Jennkidz Posts: 6
    Hi Back at ya,

We have a lot in common, I seem to of gained about 10 pounds a year over the last five years. I've tried off and on to loose, nothing stuck. Now. . . I have some major events coming the end of the summer, next fall, and next spring, and I refuse to be fat at them. So here is am. . .

Good luck,

Jennie
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  • AngieR45
    AngieR45 Posts: 21
    Welcome!! Looks like you're off to a good start with your exercise regime.:smile:
  • marzymay
    marzymay Posts: 30 Member
    Awesome! Keep it up and feel free to add me. Extra support is always helpful!