excersizes/stretches to even out leg length?

Options
I noticed recently that my left leg is about 1/2 inch or so shorter then my right leg and it causes me some problems when I'm walking and working out. Is there a way to fix this?

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but we could put you on the rack.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_(torture)

:P
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    As far as I know everybody has this problem to some degree.

EDIT: Good shoes will help.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Other than getting a special show there is no way to correct it. I have this problem as well, at 14 I started getting severe headaches and this was the reason why. I have learned to be more aware of how I stand and avoid certain shoes. But no exercise will do anything, this happens because of a difference in bone length.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd consult a chiropractor or doctor, but I do know that they do make insoles to help correct a slight unevenness.
  • Reykur
    Reykur Posts: 18
    Options
    Sometimes a good spine adjustment from a chiropractor will fix it. All though some peoples legs just arn't the same size. When I was younger than 7 my knees were all most all ways skinned from falling. We ended up moving across the street from a chiroprator and she noticed and talked mom into letting her fix me up. I quit falling after she fixed my back , she had to put it in quite a few times though.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'd also suggest a chiropractor. I have the same problem, frequently because I have a slightly bowed spine, and a once per month visit usually sets me right. If you live in the Dallas, TX area, I recommend the Parker School of Chiropractics (which is, so I hear, one of the best schools in the country for chiropractics and acupuncture) if your health insurance doesn't cover chiropractics. A chiropractor would also be able to confirm if it's just a problem with your legs being uneven or if it really is a body issue.

Good Health to you!
  • jlvgriffin
    jlvgriffin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of times you may have an "apparent Leg length discrepancy" and not a "true bony issue" Most likely due to a spinal of pelvic torsion or muscle imbalances. If you have not noticed this before (1/2 inch is a pretty big difference not to notice) then it is most likely a temporary issue with your pelvis, spine or muscles. I would consult a chiropractor or a physical therapist. Make sure which ever one you see tells you how to avoid it happening again with certain exercises and such (I am of course PT biased, but a good chiropractor will tell you the same and not set you up on a life long plan of adjustments)