Calling all horsey peeps :)

Options
Lets have a round up :) I own a soon to be 5yr Welsh Cob x Dutch Warmblood called Holly, she is the reason I am losing the weight!

Replies

• PassionForDressage
    Options
    I have an 8 Yr. old Appendix QH. She's the reason I'm losing weight :]
  • Unleashuk
    Unleashuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    He'll be happy when you get lighter, it'll be a real weight off his back, excuse the pun :-p
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't own one, but part of the reason I'm losing the weight is to get back in the saddle. It's been 10 years since I rode, and I miss it SO MUCH! It's such an adrenaline rush (I was jumping 3 foot bars before I had to quit).
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have two large ponies, one that's a haflinger 14hh and one that's a "mutt" about 14.1 or 2, LOL!! They will BOTH be much happier when I am training them if I am lighter!! Beautiful horse you have there!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I saw a picture of my fat a** sitting bareback on our Halflinger...it was hard to tell which one of us was fatter!
    Losing the weight will help me mount/dismount easier, be able to chase the horses in the pasture, and feel better about going for a ride.
  • EquestrianLark135
    EquestrianLark135 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I own a 7yr. old, 15.3hh, sooty palomino Morgan gelding named Cal. He is part of the reason I'm losing weight. :smile: You can see him in my pictures and in my ticker...
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    We've been raising Quarter Horses in north Texas for 12 years now and I FINALLY have a show horse (home grown!). He's at the trainers place a few states away, but the reports are exciting. Can't wait to get him back. Time to turn over the arena!!! Exciting for me and another motivation for me to keep on track.
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have 3: "Zoe" 8 year old grey QH/APHA mare, "Gracie" 4 year old APHA mare and "Khloe" a 2 year old APHA mare. (Full sister to Gracie.) Losing the weight to fit into my chaps. :tongue:
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't own any but I teach therapeutic riding. It'll be easier to do the lessons and exercise the horses without the extra weight :)
  • jlkropp
    jlkropp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 2, a 6 year old QH mare-Bailey and a 7 year old pony mare -Flower. Hoping to lose the last 20lbs after having my last kid (almost 2 years ago!) so i can fit back into my show chaps!
  • JAP120
    JAP120 Posts: 8
    Options
    I own 4 horses and i know I look like a fat blob sitting up there and I havent been riding as much as I would like because of my weight. I made a promise to my mare that i would lose weight and do a judged pleasure ride together this year. I rode my youngster last night for the first time since last year and i feel like I am not strong enough any more to hang in with him if anything spooks him. Need to get in shape for them as much as me.
  • rachel_can
    rachel_can Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a 10 yo, 15.2 hh bay TB gelding. I ride dressage, so part of my fitness plan is to increase that all important core strength! Good to see all yoru other horsey folks here.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I sold all my horses 2 years ago. I've had them all my life, so that was hard. Grew up raising and showing Arabs. Spent my last few years riding in the mountains with an amazing ApHC gelding, an AQHA mare, and a turkey of a pinto quarab. LOL I miss them... Hope to be back in the saddle eventually.
  • cal44
    cal44 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have an 18.2hh Irish Draught, he can carry my weight easily but i would like to be slimmer for my health and family (he is the grey on the left, the other horse is 16hh)

6572871.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a black Arabian mare I do endurance and gymkhana on, and part of my reason of llosing weight and getting in shape is to better my riding for her :)

I'd love more horsey friends on my friend list!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I have 2 horses and a pony and am a lifelong self-professed horse geek! One of my (many) reasons for losing weight is to be able to ride my handsome percheron/morgan cross because I LOVE draft crosses....not because I'm a chubby chick and it what I NEED to ride :smile:

I also really want to start showing again this year…and those darn hunt britches do not hide ANYTHING!!
  • cinnaben
    cinnaben Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have a poa mare and a rescued paint gelding. I do dressage and jumping mostly.
    There's nothing more satisfying then adding riding into your exercise and seeing all those calories you had so much fun burning!
    add me if you want another horsey friend!
    :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had to sell my Tenn Walker mare, but some day I want to get another. I miss the barn work! Shortly after getting rid of her I was doing things & found it to be harder cuz I wasn't getting off my butt doing chores! Since started working out, I went to help my former barn to put up hay (a job I always hated!) I found I was flinging those bales like they were nothing & even asked them to call me when the next wagon came in!
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    My 12 yo son has a gaited mixed breed pinto mare, my 10 yo son has a APHA Tobiano mare, and I have an APHA Overo gelding. Wanted to put more miles on my youngest son's horse and was also partly motivated by that to lose weight especially after I saw myself in a picture on her. Egad!! Now I'm 30 pounds lighter and still going!
  • wildkiger
    wildkiger Posts: 25
    Options
    I have an 11yo Kiger Mustang x QH gelding named Dundee (see my weight ticker for a pic of him). I'm ready to get back in the saddle and RIDE now that winter is going away and so are some pounds.

I also have my mom's horse currently. He is a 10yo BLM Mustang gelding named Knight.