C25K: I'm Going To Be A Runner! (hah.)

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
Well, in all actuality, I am trying to be a runner.
Started C25K yesterday.
Also decided I'm going to post a blog each day I follow the c25k training plan.
Check it out for a laugh. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hush7hush/view/day-1-of-c25k-96106

Replies

• minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Eeek. I've been meaning to start this but running is hard :/
  • hush7hush
    Options
    It is hard!
    My legs are STILL killing me today.
    I can't even move farther than half a foot without wanting to cry!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Probably doesn't help that I did 30 minutes of circuit training before.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    i was over 200 when i started c25k in january this year. i was scared of running 90 seconds and almost had a panic attack when it was time to run 5 minutes. i can run THIRTY MINUTES now. it is amazing how well the program works.

i don't have a smart phone or ipod so i found a great download for my mp3 that mixes pretty decent music with the coach telling you when to walk and when to run.

feel free to download them and good luck to you. :drinker: you can DO IT as long as you don't tell yourself you can't!

http://www.mediafire.com/?539e7bpymd4kt
  • zooflute
    zooflute Posts: 50
    Options
    I started back in January and it was really hard in the beginning. I got up to week 6 before I got distracted and I plan to start up again once the academic year ends.

I did a full week of just walking while listening to the wk1 podcast. I thought my calves were going to blow up. But by week 3, I'd feel pretty good after each run/walk session.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I started last monday and I talk about it on my blog as well. It is an interesting experience.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am starting this tomorrow :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Good for you... you will NOT regret this!!! Being a runner is amazing, I did C25K last spring... runners are amazingly supportive people!!! Just sign up for a 5k and see what I mean!!!

Keep it up!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Thank you!

Anyone else that's going to start it, or has started it, add me!
    let's do this together! :D
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Anyone else that's going to start it, or has started it, add me!
    let's do this together! :D
    The human body is designed to run and we surpass every land animal on the planet in long distance endurance running. We are born to run and there is absolutely no other exercise that is as good for your overall well being.

The first part "getting started" is hard though.
  • janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I, too, would like to start this beginning tomorrow. Downloaded the MP3 files (thank you) and am ready to roll! Would love the support of others.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will love it. I just started week 4 and I was so intimidated at first. I love it. I am addicted. I feel amazing and it clears my mind and the stress fades. Welcome to the runners club. I never ran before this time and after 25 pounds it seemed like the next logical step.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you will love it. I just started week 4 and I was so intimidated at first. I love it. I am addicted. I feel amazing and it clears my mind and the stress fades. Welcome to the runners club. I never ran before this time and after 25 pounds it seemed like the next logical step.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    for those that aren't familiar with the progarm and aren't using an ap to tell them the schedule, here it is.

http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

you do week 1, 3 days. then you move on to week 2 for 3 days. lather, rinse, repeat.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    thank you for posting. :)
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'm looking forward to reading! I just started this on Thursday myself.
  • MyFatPublicSecrets
    MyFatPublicSecrets Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Good luck, being able to run is an awesome feeling.
  • freedomplease
    Options
    Good luck to you. I started that program almost 5 years ago and I'm still running.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    :D

Running is amazing.

So are all of you!